Comic Book Men reality show

Ouch.... yeah, the reviews do not come off favorable at all.

I have the DVR set, even if I wasn't a fan of Smith's I'd still probably watch this with a passing interest. As a fan of Smith, I already recognize most of the cast... which should make it interesting.

It's not that bad... of course, I am in the demographic. But, it needs a good editor and to be trimmed to 30 minutes, just way too much filler in this so far.

This show is horrible. I'm watching it only out of morbid curiosity, but it's a train wreck. No way it's going to last.

What crack was that chick smoking thinking she was gonna get $500 for that chucky doll? They have em on eBay for $70

I haven't seen the show but I have been a fan of smith's for years. Im still interested in seeing what this show is all about.

I loved it!

I hate 99% of reality TV. No, make it 99.9%. I am more of a sitcom kinda guy.

But this show was pure awesomeness!

Have any of you listened to the "Steve Dave" podcast? Maybe being a fan of that contributed to my enjoyment.

If you didn't like it, give it a few more episodes so you can "get" each of the guys. I bet they will grow on you. The geek culture subject alone should help. I love how they crack on each other.

Great stuff!

I agree, I love the Tell 'em Steve Dave podcast, and I didn't even know what this show was just saw the name come up after walking dead and decided to set the DVR. I'm not sure if it will catch on with a regular audience but I for one will watch each episode, these are my kind of people, they sit and discuss deep topics like Did Han shoot first and where were chewies pants.

I thought it was extremely well played on AMC's part on how they handled the preview for next weeks The Walking Dead. They said it would air during the first commercial break of Comic Book Men. But what they didnt tell you was you would have to wait over 15 minutes to get a commercial break.

I lasted exactly 12 minutes before I threw my hands up in the air and looked at my wife and yelled "Done." Then we watched American Dad.

I really did try to like the show, and I like Kevin Smith and use to frequent the Secret Stash often so I knew who the guys were on the show,..........but it was so drawn out and boring. All it was, was a live taping of their podcast but with video meshed in with extremely boring comic shop footage and equally boring conversations. And that flea market they speak so highly of,...ya about that, its complete garbage. Years ago people would go there to get there bootlegged DVDs, CDs, etc....but everyone knows that there isnt anything worthwhile there anymore.

Personally, I don't really care for Kevin Smith. Clerks was great but the rest is meh to me. And this show irks me. It further provokes the stereotype that we are all fat bearded losers in hockey jerseys lol

I love Kevin Smith. I own every DVD he has been a part of. I seen multiple interviews, I agree with just about everything he says, I "get" his movies when many don't. In addition, I have been a huge fan of comics books since I was able to read. Furthermore, I have done more than my share of toy/action figure collecting, so much that I used to own a store in the mall that did just that.

Yes, I thought the show was just terrible. :unsure
I really got the feeling that they are under the impression that they are the epitome of pure geek cool, and that they will make a highly popular show if they just sit around BSing with no script. Kevin Smith on his own is pretty entertaining but this show was just...bad.

We watched up to the preview for next week's Walking Dead and I wasn't really impressed. When Kevin himself was on the screen, it was amusing, but the other guys just have NO personality of their own, it seems. :unsure

I tried watching. Didn't make it to the "Walking Dead" preview. I found it a bit slow and boring. The topics would interest me otherwise. I have to agree with MirrorminD's assessment.

The only reason I suffered through the first part of it last night was to see the next week preview of The walking dead. lol

It was mediocre. Probly wouldnt watch it again. I think everyone at the shop acted like douchebags and were condescending to anyone that walked in the door. I wouldnt sell them anything. I know that its a niche culture but the guys seemed to rip on everyone. Coming from a kinda nerdy guy that loves sci fi I found it borderline insulting. Definitely won't watch next week because I saw something to do with hockey.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was good at all, I got half way through and turned it off. Its like they are trying to make it into Clerks, basically doing nothing in a store minus the comedy.

Eh. I enjoyed it. I can see why most people wouldn't though. Sadly it's narrowcasting in a big way.

Probably won't last long, but while it's on, I'll enjoy it.

And, yeah I broke out in laughter when the woman wanted 4-500 dollars for a Chucky doll from Spencer's.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back