Comic book Judge

Fyberdyne Labs

Well I wanted to share our Comic book Judges. We did them a few years before the Sly movie. The eagle,other shouder,elbos.knees toe cap and glove detail are fiberglass. Badge and bell buckle,Lawgiver are resin.The Lawgivers have metal parts. This was a group effort each person doing his specialty. 2nd picture is from worldcon LA con III in 1996.
Thanks for looking
Mark

20675-judge-shidler.gif

20676-judges1996.jpg

I prefer the green elbow and knee pads myself but it's still accurate to depict them in yellow as that's how a few artists like Bolland (well, mainly Bolland) used to color them back in the day. Never could understand why....

I just thought I would add that Bob sculpted the eagle and the other part in clay. Then they were cast in fiberglass in silicon molds. So the eagle is a direct copy from the clay sculpt.
Mark

This is great. I love seeing costume photos from back in the day. These are even more impressive considering:
1. The character was much less known back then.
2. The general level of costuming was much lower back then. Fewer people did it, and very few did it well. There weren't exactly a lot of easy to find web resources and tutorials either.
If I'd seen that group of you guys back in the early 90s I would have thought it was AWESOME.
Very cool and original stylizing on the eagle too.

Wow Max thanks! It used to be much harder. We did our marines fron Alliens with one photo and stopping the VHS tape over and over. So thanks for remembering.
Mark

Each of the uniform were made for each Judge. The are cotton jumpsuits with elastic string on the sides to make them form fit. Made by Leman Yuen. With the exception of the poaches on the belts, the boot base and glove base we made everything else.
Mark

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back