Comic Batman Figure

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been wanting to sculpt a Batman cowl from the comics. I've started and it's finally taking shape. It is very, very rough at this point, but I think it's a good start. It's sculpted in monster clay. I will make a silicone mold to make a resin bust/display cowl. Take a look and let me know what you think.

batman sculpture progress.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Comic Batman Cowl Sculpture

Thank you for your comments! I know it needs work, but I think it's a pretty good start. I'm getting excited to make more progress.

I made the molds and did a couple castings of this. It's by no means perfect, but for only my third bust I'm pretty happy with it. I plan to mount the head on a manikin and make a life-size figure. I have most of the pieces already. So here are some pictures of the casting progress...

Raw casting
batman raw cast.jpg

Primed Casting
batman primed cast.jpg

I finally have the first two complete. Here is the one painted in the Neal Adams style. I know the black areas are supposed to be shadows the way it's drawn in the comics, but it's so iconic that I painted it to get the effect. Take a look and let me know what you think!

Batman Cowl Neal Adams Style.jpg

That's amazing! I love the classic look of it and how you even painted on the shadows to the cowl.

Love that cowl! My only suggestion is to make the blue on the nose wider and triangular. Right now, it just looks like a stripe.

I have been working on the Manikin costume to go with this bust. I have been buying and making costume pieces and here is what I have so far. I plan to cut the manikin's head off and attached my own head sculpture. I have a new, smaller, body suit coming that will show the muscle under top better. Take a look and let me know what you think!

IMG_0453.JPGIMG_0454.JPGIMG_0455.JPG

The two pieces photoshopped together
full manikin photoshop.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back