Colour Swatch for Star Lord

B4DW0LF

OK so I have read the definitive guild to Peter Quill about 3 times and I've still a number of questions.

Mostly, colours...

The Quad Blaster:

those of you who went the Nerf route, what colour and brand of spray would you recommend? What did you find worked better than other colours.

The Sony Walkman:

I had a friend make me a cast of the original walkman, and it is incredibly details but I need to paint it and I was wanting to know from those who have gone about painting your own versions, what colours do you think Sony used or best represents the colour of the original walkman?

Peters T-shirt:

I know its somewhat blue/grey but does anyone actually know what shirt he is wearing?

There are several threads that illustrate the different colors people use on the blasters. Black, aluminum, and pale gold. Just find something in those colors that is available to you that you like.

For the walkman, I haven't found a good color yet myself.

For the shirt, it was custom made and not commercially available. You'll want to find a pique knit long sleeve shirt. A couple of us found a good match for the knit in a Van Heusen shirt, but it's short sleeve.

Thank you

There are several threads that illustrate the different colors people use on the blasters. Black, aluminum, and pale gold. Just find something in those colors that is available to you that you like.

For the walkman, I haven't found a good color yet myself.

For the shirt, it was custom made and not commercially available. You'll want to find a pique knit long sleeve shirt. A couple of us found a good match for the knit in a Van Heusen shirt, but it's short sleeve.

I used Rustoleum "American Accents" line of spray paint. Semi-gloss black, and metallic aluminum on my Nerf blasters.

It did not like to stick to the gray/silver paint that's already on the blaster, so you'll need to deal with that somehow. I sanded it down.

So doing a little more research, Ive found that many people have gone with this colour for the Sony Walkman: Dupli-Color/Ocean blue Metal Specks paint

Although it is a slightly deeper blue its still pretty close, certainly close enough for me anyhow.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back