Colors?

kandell1

Hi hi! I'm Kelly. Very new to the website ((this is just my second post. First one was in the introduction thread)).

I'm going to be making a she-predator, but I'm not sure what colors I want to use. I've checked out several she-predators on this site, and I love the ones I've seen so far.

As far as colors go, I'm leaning a bit toward greens, where the main hue would be skin tone with a pale green tint, then accent it with medium and dark green spots and markings.

So do you have opinions on how that would look? And if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

if you use green then put some purple spots in there... i been wantin to see that :lol: think it would go nicely if done right...

welcome to the lair!

EDIT: k MAYBE NOT!!! i've personally seen too many green over yellow so WHATEVER!! :p

I think the greens would look like, but if you're going to do greens, I would do them over a yellow. Like a Yellow Ochre, or Yellow Oxide.

By the way, I painted a piece in greens, and tried to add flourishes of purple, and it turned out awful. All I could think about was the Joker. I think greens and yellows would be good. If you do REALLY dark green spots, almost like a black green, then do the inside of the spot in a lighter green, that may also look cool. But, it's up to you! That's part of what makes all this so much fun. Experiment, see what works, what doesn't, play it by ear!

Good luck! Oh, and keep us posted on your build.

I think the greens would look like, but if you're going to do greens, I would do them over a yellow. Like a Yellow Ochre, or Yellow Oxide.

By the way, I painted a piece in greens, and tried to add flourishes of purple, and it turned out awful. All I could think about was the Joker. I think greens and yellows would be good. If you do REALLY dark green spots, almost like a black green, then do the inside of the spot in a lighter green, that may also look cool. But, it's up to you! That's part of what makes all this so much fun. Experiment, see what works, what doesn't, play it by ear!

Good luck! Oh, and keep us posted on your build.
What if I tried really light purple, like a lilac, very sparingly?

Well, I think it WOULD have to be very sparingly. If you're planning on doing some sort of spot pattern, I'm not sure I would do the spots themselves as purple. But, then again, that's just me. What I saw on my piece wasn't pleasing to MY eye, so someone else might've liked it.

Even doing the spots in a lilac purple may actually look really, really good. Something to try, as silly as it sounds, is to mess around in MS Paint for a little while, and see how particular colors look when they're right next to one another, because two colors that are a beautiful shade on their own, can look awful together, which is what I discovered the hard way, lol.

Having that yellow I mentioned kind of peeking out from under the edges of the green will also help to tie a "natural" flesh tone into the green, as well. But, like I said, experimenting is half the fun! If you're looking for inspiration, I've heard that some of the guys on the Lair will google animal skins, and study frog and lizzard skin patterns and things like that. You may get other ideas from that.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back