Color question

DarthJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I will be receiving my last shipment #25 in Jan, and will begin the build process on this bad boy. My question is there a really good paint guide out there for this monster? I know SD did a YT series, but I am looking for other options as well. I am also looking for suggestions on an airbrush as well. One last thing. What color are the cockpit chairs supposed to be? (I know they aren't red).. lol

Thanks in advance!

If you want to go to the extreme there is a group of paints called Archive-X Paints that are dedicated to recreating the original floquil and various colors ILM used when painting the original filming miniatures. Just depends on how accurate you want it (I personally think it's more work than necessary, but please don't lynch me studio scale builders!). Also, Dymso says in that youtube series to get a double action airbrush, but I'm not entirely sure if the techniques he uses would also be possible with a single action. I've only ever had one airbrush, a double action Badger, so I'm not sure how single and double action would really differ when doing painting techniques like the streaking and dusting. Maybe just do some research on the types of airbrushes. As for a company, I've had no problems with my Badger, I got it on a black friday a few years ago for a good price.

Painting the millenium falcon series on youtube is great. Its a one stop tutorial. Dont be agraid to let your creative juices flow a little. Go slow, take a break so your brain sees it from a semi fresh perspective, and adjust going forward.

If you want to go to the extreme there is a group of paints called Archive-X Paints that are dedicated to recreating the original floquil and various colors ILM used when painting the original filming miniatures. Just depends on how accurate you want it (I personally think it's more work than necessary, but please don't lynch me studio scale builders!). Also, Dymso says in that youtube series to get a double action airbrush, but I'm not entirely sure if the techniques he uses would also be possible with a single action. I've only ever had one airbrush, a double action Badger, so I'm not sure how single and double action would really differ when doing painting techniques like the streaking and dusting. Maybe just do some research on the types of airbrushes. As for a company, I've had no problems with my Badger, I got it on a black friday a few years ago for a good price.

That is epic that they recreate the old school paints.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back