Colonial Viper mk1

Bbdave

Inspired by other builds and having the Mobius and Revell kits I decided to build using the best bits from both kits.
A first for me was to cut panel lines in the revell nose which wasn't as difficult as i thought after that lots of filing carving and shaping to get the canopy, cockpit interior, front and rear fuselage to all marry up, it's been interesting but i think I'm nearly there.
I'm now painting up some of these bits ready for getting it glued up I've added some photo etch grill inside the nose intake which will look better than flat plastic.
Pilot is glued up in a very cavalier flying pose I adjusted his head as he was looking to high in my opinion.

15588921722043.jpg

15588921790264.jpg

15588921641742.jpg

15588921859195.jpg

15588921404000.jpg

15588921576391.jpg

Dave.

Looks great to me.
I’m not familiar with these kits, what were the issues with them that caused you to combine them?
They both have scale issues the rear of the revell is very small plus it has a solid canopy the moebius front is too long but has a clear canopy the revell inner engines look better but combined it's a better looking Viper.

Dave

They both have scale issues the rear of the revell is very small plus it has a solid canopy the moebius front is too long but has a clear canopy the revell inner engines look better but combined it's a better looking Viper.

Dave
INDEED! The best way to build a "good" Viper is to combine the two. The Y-piece at the rear of the Moebius is much too small and looks like what it is, a computer-aided design piece. The Y-piece from the Revell looks much more natural and true to the original. A very basic way to accurize your fleet would be using the Revell as a base, removing the ring at the end of the intakes and replacing the thrusters with the ones from Moebius (but keep the Revell Y-piece). That alone would boost up the appearance. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back