Collaboration to create full “Advanced Potion-Making”

Hey,
I can try to write the "10 Basic Steps for a Perfect Potion". I'm also a non native speaker so if someone is wiling to proofread once I'm done, it would be great.

I have a question about the number of pages. The number is the number of A4 pages or the number of book sized pages ?

Hey Little Lady,
I would be grateful for anything you're willing to contribute to the project. I will also be happy to proofread what you submit.
The number of pages on the list are the number of book pages the section takes up. For example, each potion in the book takes up 2 pages. If what you write takes up a little more than 2 pages once the text is changed to font and format we're, then we might need to make a few edits. If it's shorter than 2 pages then we'll try to fit in some illustrations to make it work.

Hey Little Lady,
I would be grateful for anything you're willing to contribute to the project. I will also be happy to proofread what you submit.
The number of pages on the list are the number of book pages the section takes up. For example, each potion in the book takes up 2 pages. If what you write takes up a little more than 2 pages once the text is changed to font and format we're, then we might need to make a few edits. If it's shorter than 2 pages then we'll try to fit in some illustrations to make it work.

Alright. I'll try to have ready as soon as possible.

Just wanted to let y’all know that I am still working on this project, but lately I have been focusing on prepping images to use as illustrations in the book. I’m currently working on the illustrations from Claude Paradin’s “Devises Heroïques” since Minalima uses one of these images in their prop. There are a lot so it’s taking awhile, but I am still just as devoted to this project.

Hi! Here are some illustrations that can be used, the bone is from Galileo, and the other is the Gascoigne's micrometer! The third one is an engraving by H.S. Thomassin. The last one is taken from Tractatus de Herbis, there are more pictures on Internet of this book, but I think that this kind of illustrations doesn't fit APM.

Attachments

• 1571614626124.png
    1571614626124.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 1571614685631.png
    1571614685631.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • 1571615012761.png
    1571615012761.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
  • 1571615064969.png
    1571615064969.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Hello fellow Potter Heads, just saw this project today and it's seems to be a very good idea. Even more to that, you all seem very devoted and I really think this is going to work and that in the near future we will have something "Grandiose". I so very much want to contribute to this wonderful project in all possible ways. I've been aching to put my hands on the most accurate version of APM. The only thing I find hard is this organization ....
You all seem to share images and pdfs but is there a way to get them without going back 5 pages on this thread ? Is there a common pdf file or just everyone writes a page or two and gives them seperately. If the case is there is no common pdf, who's in charge of putting everything together so I know who to PM.

Therefore, I was thinking of maybe doing a Discord server ? Maybe? In order for all this information to be well organised and thus make it easier to create what we need. Also why not create a "google Drive" so that we can check the updates ourselves when we want .... And see who edits and when.
These are all just basic and simple ideas, but I think they would enable us to work much faster as a team. This would make a more organized and enhance our teamwork. For the moment this seems like someone just says i want to do this and well he does it and then gives his work, but it seems that it could be more organized like having a chart saying who does what :D and on that chart putting a message weekly saying if you did something new or if you didn't have time in order to have a real idea on what's going on in the present.

I'm waiting to see what all of you have to say. And if you think this is a good idea then i'll create a discord server and create sections in which we can share different things seperately. Like a section illustrations where we share only illustrations and so on.

Oh and if something like this has already been created where everything is well organised. I would be glad if someone would share the link please. And if my idea is complete rubbish, please do tell me ;) this is my first time on RPF and my first publication.

For everyone who read this I thank you very much.

PS: English is not my mothertongue so please excuse my typos or errors.

So is there a discord now? I would love to join it!
Please don’t let that project die,I’m really bad with photoshop edits and stuff,and english is not my mother language so I cannot really help but I can absolutely cheer you guys :D Please continue on that gorgeous book!

Hi, I really admire your job so I tried to get more information for your books, here it is a book of potions from, what I think it is, the wizarding world.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I don't speak English well but I hope you will understand me:) I've been looking for advanced potion making pdf for a few days and I founded this page. I think this is a wonderful idea to make this book together and maybe I can help. But I wont to ask did someone put all the information and pictures together in one file?

So this whole project looks absolutely beautiful and I am so excited to see what comes of it. I would love to take part and help anyway I can, I'm trying to catch up with the 2 years worth of comments to see exactly where and how I should help. If anyone who has been working on the project could point me in the right direction...

Ok, it's been a while since my last post. I apologize, I've been busy.

I've just started working on the section called "South American Potions", since I'm from Argentina. I attach a Word with the text I have so far. English is not my native language, so I'll appreciate all the corrections that can be made. About the text:
  • In a small section I wrote about the purification of Caxambu roots, and I think that is more realistic if the purification process was developed by the Caxambu people. So, in the Caxambu purification section, I suggest to change the text and fit it to this new information (Something like "The process was first docuented by this wizard named...").
  • I'm not good at making things up, so any suggestions are welcome. I'm actually good at improving other texts and making them more "texbookish".
Other considerations:
  • About the Acknowledgements section, I think that this is a more accurate translation to Spanish: "A mi madre y a mi padre, quienes pudieron ver mi potencial desde mi nacimiento, y me dieron el nombre de un trago digno de los dioses. Nunca olvidaré sus enseñanzas, y procuraré hacer mis pociones dignas de los dioses".
  • There are other places to find interesting symbology: astrological charts and Icelandic symbols.
And finally, and not related to APM, does anyone know or have photos of the movie prop for Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling? I read somewhere that the inner pages where available, but I've never seen photos of them. Here it's stated that it has some "text/data in the middle": Link

Attachments

• CHAPTER 6 - South American Potions v1.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 174
Hello, great work.
Over the last few weeks, I've been creating a version of ADVANCED POTION MAKING, and would enjoy joining and helping here. If there is a discord I'll happily join and do what i can. My discord is silkysenko91 #7199. I've written around 150 pages and am looking to hit the 200 mark by tomorrow (11/09/2020).
Hope to be able to help and hear back soon from you guys.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back