Collaboration to create full “Advanced Potion-Making”

Nice, thanks for the share!

Do you have the other pages of the contents or do you still need those?

Well this is just one page of the content table, there is one page missing since testerday i ve seen it was wrong in compararion with some of the images of lordu and i need to change it, but it will be very difficult with the quality of the pics showing this page...
I have some more pages but just some of the created by minalima since i m better replicating than imaginating

Looking in the my old folders of Advanced Potion Making, I found some pages. I hope they'll be useful

Attachments

• The seven processes .pdf
    653.9 KB · Views: 286
Hi team harry potter fans. I see that no one has the intend to work as a team, even though you do very good jobs, so I'm leaving. Good luck people ;)

Hi! I recently downloaded the .PDF shared by the AlarmEighteen user, but I'm disappointed since it isn't an accurate version of the movie prop. So, I decided to search on the Internet and I came to this forum.

I'm interested in collaborating to make the replica. I know how to use Photoshop, Word, etc. and I have already used them to make other text-based replicas. I have some experience in recreating books, text, graphics and that kind of stuff.

Now I'm on a PC that doesn't have Word installed on it, but tomorrow I'm gonna see the .DOCX file you shared, and maybe I'll make some of these pages. Also, I'll make the first pages of the Second Edition book, with the index and the book title, but since the picture is blurry, I'll have to use a similar font (It won't be exactly as the real).

Thank you.
Hey! Could you send me the pdf for personal use? I just want to make a replica even if the pdf isn't 100% accurate. My email is amandatillman9@gmail.com.

I've been working on this off and on for a while now, and although AlarmEighteen did an amazing job creating his own vision of the book, I'm too much of a stickler for accuracy to be satisfied with his version.

With that being said, we need a creative writer to help make up the different chapters. LorduDesign provided some excellent photos of the 4th edition contents. Does anyone have the 2nd edition contents we can start from?

Hi, I'm a little late to the party here, but I'd love to collaborate on this. I'm a decent writer and know my way around Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc... Do we have a plan of what we want in the book? I can see here there is a contents page, should we look to draft all of the writings first, and perhaps someone who is good a drawing can pull together some illustrations, then we can lay it all out in an InDesign file as a book?

Hi, I'm a little late to the party here, but I'd love to collaborate on this. I'm a decent writer and know my way around Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc... Do we have a plan of what we want in the book? I can see here there is a contents page, should we look to draft all of the writings first, and perhaps someone who is good a drawing can pull together some illustrations, then we can lay it all out in an InDesign file as a book?

I think that's how I would approach this book. Write out all the content first, then images and layout. I've been trying to find a complete table of contents from the 2nd edition (i.e Snape's copy) book. There's been many great photos of said table of contents, but not as complete as edition 4 seems to have. And as far as I know, there are some slight differences between the two table of contents.

It has been suggested to me to maybe do a 4th edition version since that on hasn't been overdone quite yet. ;) And since we do have access to all the table of contents, maybe that should be the way to go.

In any case, I would love to collaborate on the writing and art/layout. I'm at digital artist by trade, so I'm also very familiar with Photoshop, Indesign, etc.

I think that's how I would approach this book. Write out all the content first, then images and layout. I've been trying to find a complete table of contents from the 2nd edition (i.e Snape's copy) book. There's been many great photos of said table of contents, but not as complete as edition 4 seems to have. And as far as I know, there are some slight differences between the two table of contents.

It has been suggested to me to maybe do a 4th edition version since that on hasn't been overdone quite yet. ;) And since we do have access to all the table of contents, maybe that should be the way to go.

In any case, I would love to collaborate on the writing and art/layout. I'm at digital artist by trade, so I'm also very familiar with Photoshop, Indesign, etc.

Given that the 4th edition has more in it than Snape's version, we might be able to replicate the wording, with some minor changes, and retro fit into a 2nd edition if we want to bother later down the track.

Looking at the pic shared by Krats and LorduDesign earlier in the thread, it looks like the sections for each potion are: summary of the potion, equipment required, ingredients, instructions, and then notes. You seem to have given more thought to the table of contents than I have so far. Do you want to post what table of contents we should base this on, knowing we've probably already got content for polyjuice, draught of the living death, and parts of different methods of potion preparation/the right use of ingredients? There's still a LOT more for us to write so we should probably start tackling that!

I'm probably stronger in the writing side than the digital art, but I'll hale with that where I can :)

There are already full replicas of the book "Advanced Potion-Making" 4th Ed; created by TK8541 or Demiguel.m
And from the replica "Advanced Potion-Making" 2nd Ed (Snape's Book); Snowfire (AlarmEighteen) and Noel Green.

There are already full replicas of the book "Advanced Potion-Making" 4th Ed; created by TK8541 or Demiguel.m
And from the replica "Advanced Potion-Making" 2nd Ed (Snape's Book); Snowfire (AlarmEighteen) and Noel Green.
Snowfire and AlarmEighteen are not the same people.

I'd say the most accurate out of all of those is Demiguel's version. He hasn't finished it though nor wishes to finish as far as I know.

But in general, there's no truly accurate replica of either of those books available (or barely any of HP props for that matter in general).

More images

Attachments

• 1b2b45ea920ed0cc23ea8689200d229a.jpg
    1b2b45ea920ed0cc23ea8689200d229a.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 140
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 91-0.jpg
    91-0.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 587px-Ouroboros_1.jpg
    587px-Ouroboros_1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 135
  • bc0f66585c0dacbf866708a4b4d76008.jpg
    bc0f66585c0dacbf866708a4b4d76008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
  • bdr698524_133_straightened.jpg
    bdr698524_133_straightened.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
  • descarga.jpg
    descarga.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 110
  • df-fotothek-tg-theosophie-alchemie-0008209-5e-jg1632.jpg
    df-fotothek-tg-theosophie-alchemie-0008209-5e-jg1632.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 115
  • tumblr_levcvlK58I1qe71zoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_levcvlK58I1qe71zoo1_500.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 116
  • typhon01.jpg
    typhon01.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 121
  • znaharstvo164.jpg
    znaharstvo164.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 136
some ones extra

Attachments

• 14602.jpg
    14602.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 14701.jpg
    14701.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 14800.jpg
    14800.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 114
  • 15300.jpg
    15300.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 132
  • 15500.jpg
    15500.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 129
  • pl08.jpg
    pl08.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 122
  • pl09.jpg
    pl09.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 105
  • tumblr_mo6796iRNF1s5fm0so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mo6796iRNF1s5fm0so1_400.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 105
  • PotionsPeriodicTable.jpg
    PotionsPeriodicTable.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 105
  • tumblr_mo6796iRNF1s5fm0so9_400.jpg
    tumblr_mo6796iRNF1s5fm0so9_400.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 108
  • tumblr_mo6796iRNF1s5fm0so10_400.jpg
    tumblr_mo6796iRNF1s5fm0so10_400.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 130
Really thanks Magikalme. I think that for writing content, this can serve, or something similar. It is a manuscript of Alchemy (SPLENDOR SOLIS - Solomon Trismosin)

Attachments

• trismosin_solomon_-_splendor_solis_j.k.1920_.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 193
Someone has the "Advanced Potion Making" of Alarm Eighteen on PDF? And can paste it here or send it, please? My mail isaac_1414@hotmail.com

Attachments

• MAGIC AND ALCHEMY (Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained phenomena).pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 197
  • THE ALCHEMIST'S HANDBOOK (Manual for Practical Laboratory Alchemy) .pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 166
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Alchemy .pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back