Cold cast Viking Battle Axe build from scratch

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TI6815

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello RPF !
I love the TV Show Vikings and I always want a Battle Axe like they use.
So I decide to build my own and make the axe blade in cold cast resin.

First I surch for a good pitcure to make a Template ... finally I got one :D

I stick the Template on a sheet of MDF and cut out two pices and stick it together.

I take about 1 hour to bring the Axe is the right shape ...but it looks good so far.

Than I seal the MDF with Resin ..... some more grinding with fine sandpaper and the surface is smooth.

For the next step I use Viking Pattern and cut a thicker aluminium foil with may cameo silhoutte Plotter.

As you can see the blade have some cracks ... but I want them. Later they gave the look of old and used steel.
Than I build my molding box with Duplo bricks and cast the Axe

After I finish the Mold I make the first cast of the Axe. Therefore I dust the Mold with aluminium powder and fill it with cold cast resin. ( Resin and Aluminium Powder)
Fresh from the Mold I use steel wool to buff the Axe Blade and use also automotive polish cream to shine up the cast.
And here is the Viking Battle Axe :D

UPDATE
I there are three :D

Have Fun
Kai

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.