Interest Cold Cast Staff of Ra Headpiece Coasters

PhantomForge

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been having fun fooling around with a laser engraver lately, and thought it would be cool to make some coasters. I started making an outline of a Staff of Ra Headpiece for engraving the coasters— and the plan is to engrave the finished outline onto some acrylic, cut it, make a mold, and cold cast with some gold (looking) metallic powder.
IMG_5814.jpg IMG_5810.JPG (Prototype shown, will be adjusting outline for better engraving)
I've got some other projects going on as well, so I decided I'd see if anyone would be interested in these coasters before I spent more time and money on silicone and resin for these.

So, if the price was around $5-10 for one coaster, then like $20-25 for four, would anybody be interested in something like this?

Last edited:
Finally finished the outline for the engraving— I'll be getting it engraved and cut later today or tomorrow. I'll be either painting or gold-leafing it for the prototype

Prototype came out okay, just need to make some thicker lines in some areas, like the body feathers. Covered it with some gold enamel paint just to see how it would look. I also plan on adding the braid around the piece for the finished cast.
IMG_5810.JPG
IMG_5814.jpg

How's this coming along, if I may ask? I'm using Harry Potter coasters in the theater right now, but considering how many Staff of Ra medallions I've purchased in the past few months, I'm thinking these might be more appropriate. ;)

How's this coming along, if I may ask? I'm using Harry Potter coasters in the theater right now, but considering how many Staff of Ra medallions I've purchased in the past few months, I'm thinking these might be more appropriate. ;)
Sorry for the late response, laser cutter was acting up and I got frustrated and took a break that lasted much longer than expected. New laser cutter has me excited to try again, so expect more updates and a possible sale coming this upcoming/next week as I get settled in my new place.

PS first thing I did with the laser cutter way back was make Harry Potter coasters. Love this machine.

Sorry for the late response, laser cutter was acting up and I got frustrated and took a break that lasted much longer than expected. New laser cutter has me excited to try again, so expect more updates and a possible sale coming this upcoming/next week as I get settled in my new place.

PS first thing I did with the laser cutter way back was make Harry Potter coasters. Love this machine.

Any updates on these? I still might be interested in a set.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back