Code 3? Code Zero? Code Red??

What happened to the "we"? All of a sudden when pressed, it's "I" can't do this or that.

I just don't like the double talk in order to make a sale.

Ferengi indeed.[/b]

" Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack. " ~ One of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

It definitely appears to be the Code 3.

Studio Scale IT IS NOT.

Dimensions would be the final tell tale sign.

From Code 3...
Scale: 1:38
Material: Die-cast Metal
Dimensions: 9.5 x 2.3 x 11
Release Date: January 2006
Edition Quantity: 5,000
[/b]

Better off just confessing the sin now.... it will be apparent soon if it truly is the Code 3 Re-Cast. Unless, of course, they have Code 3's permission. Hmmmm... better give them a call. ;)

I had a brief ( very brief ) attack of conscience... and they're right. That original pic WAS an unfair representation of what's really going on.

I'd like to set the record straight. Allow me.

ssmtierip2.jpg

Hope this helps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hand Solo @ Feb 3 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1411045[/snapback]</div>
I had a brief ( very brief ) attack of conscience... and they're right. That original pic WAS an unfair representation of what's really going on.

I'd like to set the record straight. Allow me.

ssmtierip2.jpg

Hope this helps.
[/b]
LOLOLOLOLOLOL...Dude,..... YOU'RE ON FIRE.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not a Flying Toy. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh dear, poor Darth tater, he does look concerned doesnt he. Dont worry Darth, we will save you from an awful fate by putting that nasty X1 into drydock and contacting Sienar on the grounds they tried to sell you inferior goods.

lee

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kuhn Global @ Feb 3 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]1411043[/snapback]</div>
It definitely appears to be the Code 3.

Studio Scale IT IS NOT.

Dimensions would be the final tell tale sign.

From Code 3...
Scale: 1:38
Material: Die-cast Metal
Dimensions: 9.5 x 2.3 x 11
Release Date: January 2006
Edition Quantity: 5,000
[/b]

Better off just confessing the sin now.... it will be apparent soon if it truly is the Code 3 Re-Cast. Unless, of course, they have Code 3's permission. Hmmmm... better give them a call. ;)
[/b]
Well, since Kurt posted some dimensions. I will post a pic.
dvtf.jpg

hey people, that is some funny stuff, ive been sitting back and enjoying the show :lol
but seriously, i was a little intimidated in piping in when i wanted too, (yall scared the crap outta me) in all truths I am the pattern maker, Dan was talking about, he was just trying to cover my butt, but(no pun) i cant stand by any longer and must fess up, it was my doing in posting the pic of the deconstructed code3 DV tie, i was in truth going to build a studio scale fighter, and was in fact so sure in completing it in a months time that i put the pics up in earnest not realizing what i had done until dan told me that it was too late to remove it from the other forums and i was too embarressed by the fact that i screwed up and was just picked apart by everyone that i thought were my closest internet friends on both forums.
I have in fact were going to cast the small pieces and Dan was going to do the larger parts but i was useing the C3 ship as Reference only. and i also had a Chris Kelley kit too and i was useing the cd behind the magic and the archives for the measurements and comparing the others as well.
I just wanted to do a good job, and just didnt listen to what i was told, and shouldve waited til i had the prototype in hand and posted it instead of the C3 model,
Thats it thats all i have to say, you can take it to the bank, that after this i wont be doing much in this line of work for a while.
later, Jerry

All you had to say in the first place was what you said above. There was just too much evasion to honest questions across several boards. There was no need for any cloak and dagger shenanigans.

Too bad Jawa set you up for a fall. He should have been the one to come clean in the first place. You both should have immediately stepped in and said something.

Unless things have changed, it's never good form to promise something you don't yet have, nor is it good form to misrepresent something as something else entirely.

This backpedalling and butt-covering makes you both look very foolish. This is my honest opinion and you can take THAT to the bank.

Next time, try honesty. It works.

Hey Jerry, the Darth Vader's TIE from Code3 and Chris Kelley are not the best ref you can get to do an accurate SS model .

Anyway you did a big mistake, in this buisiness, it's better to wait for having someting to show instead of saying something and being in a hurry to show the model... (and in this case that was not the best solution that you chose...).

The bad side of that it's not only that you lost the confidence of the guys who would buy your kit, but you make twists to other people who are honests.

Yeah this is all well and good, mistakes happen. Delays are also normal, happens all the time. But these guys were asking for money from people, for a product they didn't even have, and they're all apologetic now because they were busted, but I have no doubt if none of this Code3 business came to light they would've continued to promote it and take even more cash from people.

Then after they were caught, they continued to lie, making up some imaginary person to blame it on.

Now that sucks bigtime.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back