Cobra Kai Karate Kid tv comedy sequel

IMG_2550.PNG

Sweep the ratings johnny!

What? I knda thought Johnny redeemed himself at the end already and the rivalry seemed over. "You're alright Larusso", Johhny said as he handed the trophy over. It seemed like he had gained some respect for Daniel. Or did Johnny come back in the sequels and I missed that? I only saw parts of them because the stories sounded extra dumb.

What? I knda thought Johnny redeemed himself at the end already and the rivalry seemed over. "You're alright Larusso", Johhny said as he handed the trophy over. It seemed like he had gained some respect for Daniel. Or did Johnny come back in the sequels and I missed that? I only saw parts of them because the stories sounded extra dumb.

A Head injury will do that...rattled o' jonhnny's brain. He kicked him so hard that johnny forgot that Daniel broke the rules of the tourney. Now that his head is back to normal he wants his title and hardware back.

Daniel broke the rules of the tourney. .
Daniel broke the rules???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you talking about Man? He's The Best Around, I cannot believe that someone who is The Best Around would break rules. Explain further please.

There were no rules in that tournament. Laruso knife-hands Johnny in the back of the head when they are both on the ground. Hilarious.

Ref states during the tourney "no points will awarded for hits to the face" unless you say johnny is a dick head and his face isn't s face. Well you're out that point Daniel.

Ref states during the tourney "no points will awarded for hits to the face" unless you say johnny is a dick head and his face isn't s face. Well you're out that point Daniel.

To be fair, technically speaking Daniel never broke the rules. The ref said no points would be awarded for hits to the face. Daniel never hit him in the face. He kicked him in the face.

Also, somewhat related:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those real rules for Karate? With Tae Kwon Do you get points for kicks to the head, punches to the chest, and no hits are allowed to the back of the head.

More than one form of Karate though...I believe there is some hardcore kyokushin something or other school that has high level black belt tests where you take on multiple back to back opponents...with all striking allowed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those real rules for Karate? With Tae Kwon Do you get points for kicks to the head, punches to the chest, and no hits are allowed to the back of the head.

Different governing bodies will have their own rules. What you describe there is WTF TaeKwonDo, in ITF you can punch and kick to the body and head and extra points if its a jumping kick.

On this show, I'm interested but concerned. As Delano80 states, Daniel earned Johnny's respect in the tournament (as predicted by Miyagi), the students left Cobra Kai in disgust of Kreese's actions. This became the set up for KK3.

Re igniting a rivalry between the 2 shows a lack of imagination to me. I think it would be more interesting to see them as friends united against a common enemy. I also don't like how it sounds more like a comedy.

Yeah I take WTF. When I was 10 I always had taller opponents in tournaments because of weight class, I had more muscle or something, and I had trouble reaching their heads! :lol My master (Grandmaster Young Chi Kim) was the head, or one of the heads, of the WTF so he stepped in and gave me equal opponents.

This show could either be very well done or really cheesy.

The scoring system always favours the taller or more gangly legged fighters. I do ITF and there is more points for high section kicks and high section jumping kicks. I'm 6'2 and theres a couple of guys taller than me always kicking me in the head, and a couple of (shorter) girls that are way too bendy and quick!!!:cry

The whole Johnny re opening the Cobra Kai dojo has me worried, it feels like its missed the point of the originals too much.

In real life rules vary, but in the movie, they actually say no kicks to the face. I believe at one point Johnny actually gets admonished for it.

Still a great movie though.

I have mixed feelings about this new show. Obvious cash gab, plus genre shift. Also Johnny did redeem himself, not to mention Daniel dealt with way worse after that.

On the other hand, it's not like we're swimming in good sit coms right now. Even New Coke probably tastes amazing in the middle of a desert.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back