Cobra Commander (Krake)...Upgrade Help?

crabra comander

Master Member
Hello all RPF'ers,

I very recently commissioned Hyperballistik to work on the helmet of Cobra Commander from IDW comics.
This is my first costume I've ever worked on
Any help would be appreciated!

10645-combat-shirt.jpg

10048-emerson-pants.jpg

10281-boots.jpg

12860-dsc05125.jpg

13241-dsc05676.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cobra Commander

Subbed always been a fan of Cobra Commander & the ongoing story line seeking a replacement. As to your questions USCAV.com would be my 1st stop for the holsters. The thigh rigs would be these but you would have to buy 2 and one would have to be a lefty mount.
BLACKHAWK!® Level 3 Tactical SERPA® Holster (Beretta® 92/96/M9A1)

As for the cross rig, You'll have to make it anything like that wouldn't be practical from a tactical point of view would get in the way of a butt-pack or other load outs. I would sup in a a shoulder rig left & right

BLACKHAWK!® Shoulder Harness for SERPA® Holster Platform

This shoulder rig is UBER comfortable for all day wear!

Sorry oddly I cant get photos to post.

Yes these are spendy items because they are the real deal but if your already having the suit done for you might as well go all the way.

As for the cross rig, You'll have to make it anything like that wouldn't be practical from a tactical point of view would get in the way of a butt-pack or other load outs.
Yes these are spendy items because they are the real deal but if your already having the suit done for you might as well go all the way.

The Commander doesn't care about fancy fanny butt packs! But great help nonetheless. My wife is gonna kill me! Little does she know that the costume includes 4x airsoft pistol's, 2 thigh holsters, custom cross rig, and 2x med packs! :eek

Honestly this new Cobra Commander was unveiled at the perfect time. I would have had the somewhat loathed Sigma 6 CC who looks like all sorts of anime robots mashed up.

Last edited:

Yeah, right now I'm sculpting like crazy on the helmet. I'm thinking on the chest armor to do it in urathane rubber that way you have full flexibility.

Still have a bit more smoothing to do, then to add the visor details, and the vent details which will be a easy task.

The Commanders good side...I'm still trying to figure out if its possible to setup some crossdraw holsters on my butt.
That last photo was all jacked up...The Commander didn't even have his obligatory fangs!

Last edited:

3rd nightwatch has been bugging me about joining up with them, im thinking cobra commander, might go the sidshow 12" helmet version, but this looks like your going to have a rad suit on your hands!! Maybe ill just wait to see how awesome this looks like its going to turn out!!

I have to also figure out how I will have my cape constantly flapping in the wind. I can have someone follow me around with a fan:lol
But seriously, I'm super pumped for this costume, not to mention the fact that the new G.I. Joe movie is coming out!

UPDATE

Last edited by a moderator:

Is that OK for me to post updates right after my other updates? :confused
Anyways, a Cobra's Finest member has shown me some interesting slide holsters that could closely emulate the ones the Commander wears>
9981-bulldog-cases-mlb.png

Last edited:

Ok I'll be posting updates tomarrow on the helmet sculpt, but yes I am using a foam head to sculpt on taking measurements of the clay to make sure it fit's this guy's head perfectly, but after seeing the side photo where the back has a bit of a angle underneath, and taking another look at the side vents I need to make a couple little changes.

You could go with a pair of blue military BDU style pants and take the cargo pockets off, or a pair of blue Dickies work pants, not denim, but a cotton/poly blend would hold a military crease down the front of each leg.

The other option is to have a pair specifically tailored to your specifications. You could get the fabirc and the exact style you want.

Terry

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back