coat of mail

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Nigel

Look this link

I found this tutorial teaching how to make chainmail using seals cans of beer or soft drinks, and is very cute

Constructing a genuine European 4 in 1 chainmaille weave using only pop tabs.

Turns out this is very easy and makes a really great looking piece of maille, and as an added bonus you don't have to worry about having a quarter mile of wire on hand to attach them together.

FKN2QWMFYTCPBKU.MEDIUM.jpg

predador_na_mata_01.png

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hunts With Man

I've seen tons of soda tab maille before, but it's always been done using the tabs as scales. This would definitely be lightweight, and it's inventive as all hell. I want to experiment a little with tailoring this weave and see how it behaves. Could be worth adding to my list. At first impression, though, collecting enough tabs to make anything largish probably takes most people more time than they'd want to spend. Wire's cheap, especially aluminum or galvanized steel.