CNC'd ESB Chest Box

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post some pictures of my completed ESB chest box. It has been a year in the making but it is finally finished.

Michael

Here are some of the build pics...

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01792.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_5374.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5370.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

Very cool...I love milled metals! It looks as how Vader's actual chestbox would've been contructed by Empire Inc.!

Well done!:thumbsup

Thanks guys !!!!:cool

Here is a picture of the circuit board and battery tray mounted on the inside of the backing plate. When I had the company engineer the circuit board I had them make it compatible with both the ROTS and ESB version chest boxes. I now just tell them which version I need and they install the LED's in the correct position. You can see that the long extension on the bottom has the accommodations for the 10 LED's for the red illuminated rocker on the ROTS version along with the 2 sets of 3 LED's on the right side for the red and green buttons that light up on the ROTS.

Michael

IMG_5384.jpg

Now that is seriously impressive! Excellent work, my man! :thumbsup

That looks clean enuff to eat yer dinner off! :eek :love
You know, I'd almost think it was some kind of 3D-modelled rendering of an ESB Chestbox, only I've seen the WIP pics! If it took you a year to acheive this end-result..... it was time well-spent! :thumbsup

Cheers,
John
johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

Too clean. Needs to be thrown down a flight of stairs before it'll start to look like a proper Star Wars prop. :)

Nick

Too clean. Needs to be thrown down a flight of stairs before it'll start to look like a proper Star Wars prop. :)

Nick

Nick,

In due time, after trooping with it 40-50 times and it getting tossed into my tote it will weather its self nicely. I understand where you are coming from but I have put to much time and love into this thing to beat it up right now. :lol

Michael

Oh I was just joking around! I much prefer things to be naturally weathered when possible and it sounds like that will eventually happen on its own from the usage you're putting it through.

Awesome piece!

Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back