Done / Completed CNC Milled Aluminium E11 pipes

dday

Sr Member
I've been talking to a machine shop and they will make my E11 tubes fully milled by a super high end pipe mill.

I need to get an interest list together. I am shooting for a run of 50, with any that are not ordered here will be bought by me to add to my E11 kits. My handmade ones were nice... but these are in a league of their own.

Link to a build I did of one of my E11 kits.

They will be made using the plans on this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16705-the-best-sterling-templates-ever/page-5#entry203898 and then modified for a couple of accuracy details.

Some of the modifications to the plans linked:
The bayonet lug positioning will be raised a little to match the real sterling.
The hole for the cocking handle insert will be increased to the proper size to fit a sterling or other cast from original cocking handle.
The slide for the cocking handle is also properly sized to fit an original cocking handle.

Some points to consider with this pipe...

It is designed to be used in combination with a front nozzle either in resin with the rounded edge included (like the one I offer in my build thread), or if using a sterling parts kit that you slice the sterling part just after the rounded edge or slice the tube based on the sterling parts you have and match up the parts. You will see what I mean about the front edge in the below photo.

[img)http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r686/TK-Aaron/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/23E40158-6E81-445D-A2F0-95CB10ED9562_zpsqgogunic.jpg[/img]

The end cap location assumes the use of a solid endcap, or an endcap lug similar to the ones I offer in my kits, or a real sterling endcap lug from a real parts kit.

Example of a sterling endcap lug.
9FECB056-7971-4945-B6FE-7934305A96F4_zpss9ksz9pq.jpg

All of the dimensions were double checked on a real Sterling L2A3 to verify positioning, sizing and layout.

51028363-1679-43B8-9841-4DA3AF475305_zpswamzek5b.jpg

1C7399D3-D91E-48CC-9CE0-72362982363D_zpsyy0fhsrq.jpg

40EAD3C5-32A8-41FB-BC71-B4E865E26E22_zpsbobnaogz.jpg

B307A26A-A815-4159-A75F-E92158EEA4AD_zpsnko2rrko.jpg

37AE127B-FE5B-4AE9-838A-FA28C0A58F1F_zps3nco0pdu.jpg

28670C71-E460-45DE-88BC-9E873B32E019_zpspxvqdmiu.jpg

4B610F3C-4B82-45FA-8862-2979A05F43E2_zps9dhkz3fp.jpg

B086CC1C-516C-4240-93E9-B5173F387811_zpslprirgvy.jpg

Pre-order pricing is $50 plus shipping, which is my cost per piece. Afterwards, they will be $65 if bought apart from my E11 kits (but included in the kits).

Shipping is $23 worldwide, but less within the EU. (Countries in Europe but out of the EU.. sorry :( )

If you are interested, be ready to pay the full value so that I can order. There will be minimal waiting time as I will have them start production in a week.

Interest list will close in 1 week and I will make the order.

Toilet paper not included...!

================Interest===============
6 x pipes from the FISD ( http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29268-cnc-milled-aluminum-e11-pipes/ )
Andsuor - (plus resin bolt and endcap assembly) paid
odiwan72 - paid (steel)
joatrash - paid

9FECB056-7971-4945-B6FE-7934305A96F4_zpss9ksz9pq.jpg

51028363-1679-43B8-9841-4DA3AF475305_zpswamzek5b.jpg

1C7399D3-D91E-48CC-9CE0-72362982363D_zpsyy0fhsrq.jpg

40EAD3C5-32A8-41FB-BC71-B4E865E26E22_zpsbobnaogz.jpg

B307A26A-A815-4159-A75F-E92158EEA4AD_zpsnko2rrko.jpg

37AE127B-FE5B-4AE9-838A-FA28C0A58F1F_zps3nco0pdu.jpg

28670C71-E460-45DE-88BC-9E873B32E019_zpspxvqdmiu.jpg

4B610F3C-4B82-45FA-8862-2979A05F43E2_zps9dhkz3fp.jpg

B086CC1C-516C-4240-93E9-B5173F387811_zpslprirgvy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
at that price, I am definately in for one
have you considered getting these done in steel???

Markus

And give us more info about those kits. Sounds intriguing.

And would we also get a roll of toilet paper with each purpose? I assume it is because the pipes are so awesome that we will crap our pants.

I have added some additional details to the first post regarding shipping costs.

at that price, I am definately in for one
have you considered getting these done in steel???

Markus
Hi Markus, I have thought about steel, but have not sorted out the logistics and if the manufacturer will offer me the same price. The pipe itself costs more, and the work is harder due to the strength of the material, but I will surely talk to him about it as an option.

What's the price with a kit?
I do runs of the kits, mostly at www.whitearmor.net for the stormtroopers but in my signature I have a build thread from the kits and I build one of them. The Sale link leads you to my sale thread on the FISD where I setup the runs I do. The interest has been high there and fills up each time so far so I haven't had much of a chance to bring them here actively yet. Casting the kits is a lot of work and I do not want to take too much work so that I get behind and am not able to provide things to people in a timely manner. So I am only taking 8-10 per run these days.

And give us more info about those kits. Sounds intriguing.

And would we also get a roll of toilet paper with each purpose? I assume it is because the pipes are so awesome that we will crap our pants.

Well, I added the disclaimer that the TP is not included, you'll definitely want to have some on hand though.

I'm interested...!

I added you and other interested parties to the list.

Interested in a kit, pending more info.
Hi Kalel76, read what I wrote in response to westies14 regarding the kits.

Payment sent
IF you figured out the possibility of having these done in steel, I´d like to "upgrade" my order and happily pay any balance

Markus

Payment sent
IF you figured out the possibility of having these done in steel, I´d like to "upgrade" my order and happily pay any balance

Markus

Markus, sounds good!

I am talking to the workshop in a few days with changes to the design to modify a few small MM placement changes and will let you know what I find out about a steel tube.

I just wanted to reinforce for anyone on the fence or not sure.

These will be ordered no matter how many people signup now. I am ordering 50 pipes on Monday. If anyone wants to get in and pay only the pure cost of the tube to make it and ship it I am offering this. After I place the order with the manufacturer, the chance is up and I will offer these for sale for $65 plus shipping.

So this is 100% happening and I'm taking interest form the 501st stormtroopers forum as well.

Payment sent

Markus

Everyone...and thanks to Markus for suggesting it, I can also offer these in steel, with the same drilled pattern.

The price is a little higher due to the time required to cut steel is longer and the CNC bits are harder for steel vs Aluminium. I do not have the exact numbers yet, but I was told in the range of $15-20 per tube. Again, not a final price, I still need the details from the machinist.

Also, a few modifications will be made to the tube from what you have seen on the the pattern pipe I posted.

The biggest differences are that the nose of the tube will be extended by 2mm, and then a rounded nose will be added. As it is the tube ends in a hard edge and will fit the resin cap I have for my kits.

Like seen in this photo:
ba07bbfb-1657-4647-8b8d-494492c46be4_zpsdfb1b6f1.jpg

The machining will make the rounded edge as a part of the tube and I will trim the nose parts of my kit to fit inside the tube opening instead of on top of it.

I have also extended the flat area for the bayonet 2mm deeper so that it sits more accurately on the tube.

The hole that is drilled where the bayonet lug is meant to go is also moving down 1.5mm. This will help an attached bayonet lug to sit in the right line in relation to the holes around it.

I will update once I get the new pattern showing the updates.

Production is still on schedule.

Thanks!

As I already said, I´d like to upgrade to a stell receiver then.
Reg. making the rounded edge part of the receiver...what if I wanted to braze real parts to the stelle receiver? How is the front tip done on a L2A3...is it part of the receiver or a completely separate piece soldered to it?

Markus

Thanks!

As I already said, I´d like to upgrade to a stell receiver then.
Reg. making the rounded edge part of the receiver...what if I wanted to braze real parts to the stelle receiver? How is the front tip done on a L2A3...is it part of the receiver or a completely separate piece soldered to it?

Markus

the front of the actual Sterling pipe is rounded as you can see. However (I would take photos if I had the one I converted in hand, but it's given to the guy I converted it for), a real sterling, the first 20mm of the front is nearly solid on the inside. the screws that insert into the nozzle screw into the inner barrel and lock it in place.

Most times, if you get a sterling parts kit the front of the cut up kit included the full front to include the front sight and the bayonet lug. Like in this photo.

IMG_20141126_030515829_HDR_zpskhnseqh1.jpg

You can either: heat and remove the welding/brazing and cut away the original piping to reveal the inner solid parts and remove the nose to insert into the new pipe, or do as Aaron on the FISD did as seen these these photos he did of his parts build.

9BEAB051-57A1-42EC-9541-BCB1C46AC3D3_zpsjg55g6k0.jpg

83140217-B7F9-49B4-B639-215941A818E9_zpsbug4iqn3.jpg

Infact, if you are going to do a steel pipe build from a sterling parts kit, I would suggest you check out his full thread as he details everything and it can be a used as a tutorial of sorts in answering any questions you have.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26960-e-11-steel-pipe-build/

I know that USAeatt2 is also on this forum under the same name but I am not sure how active he is, so you might be better contacting him on the FISD if you want regular communications.

Getting these made in steel could cause problems in some countries as they can be classed as a new receiver and could lead to serious problems for people so please check before ordering one. They look really great

ill take one and a e11 kit

Very nice, how much extra is the parts kit?

Hi guys, at the moment I am only taking names for the kits and am planning on doing a run just after christmas.

I am maintaining the list on the FISD but will add the both of you in the list there as an external RPF buyer.

If you want to get the full kit with machined tube and plastic parts combined the cost is $185. I have to raise the price of the kit to account for the new machined tubes, so they went up $35. Shipping worldwide is $23 on top.

I do not take any payment right now. I do not take payments until I am ready to start casting the parts, and once payment is made you can expect shipping within 14 days. This protects me from getting underwater and you from wondering when your item will ship :)

- - - Updated - - -

Getting these made in steel could cause problems in some countries as they can be classed as a new receiver and could lead to serious problems for people so please check before ordering one. They look really great

Andy, thank you for bringing this up. I am looking into the legality of the steel tubes and in the mean time, I think I will restrict them to being done only in Aluminium.

When I used to collect Sterlings I looked at doing the same thing

I found that in the US, it's the receiver that is the licensed part and not the working parts, that's why you can get a parts kit with the bolt, barrel and trigger unit intact but the receiver is cut up. Putting the parts into a new tube turns it back into a firearm and if caught could lead to prison time :eek

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back