Interest CNC Aluminium DC15s Clone Blaster - Price Update!

Buckethead

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update 4.11.20
So I have a quote in, if at least 25 of us can get on board they would be £600 GBP each + shipping for a kit. This is a great price for a full size kit!

Project Start
I have been working with the very talented Jetstorm_3d, aka Léo, (who modelled an extraordinary model of the DC15s for 3D printing) to bring to life something I have always wanted, a full metal version of the DC15s (short) Clone Trooper blaster from Star Wars. We are now at a point where all machine files have been created and as of Oct 2020, working up the machine drawings also.

Here are some renders of what we have in mind. Right now I think we are at about 35 individual machined pieces, not including hardware such as screws and electronics.....yes it will have space for electronics/LED etc.

Front.jpg
Side View.jpg

Main Body.jpg
Handle.jpg

It will be:
  • Full 1:1 scale blaster
  • CNC machined aluminium construction
  • Fully folding stock with locking mechanism at the front
  • Space for working trigger and electronics
We really have done our best to make this look the part, as well as be fairly easy to assemble in the real world. There will be some screws and things visible to actually be able to put some parts together, but we have integrated them as best we can whilst keeping true to the shape and gesture of the piece.

I can also look into different finishing options, such as anodising (black would be awesome!) based on interest in this and price.

Now on that point.....price! Obviously in the manufacturing world, the more of something that is made, the cheaper it costs per part. Because we have a lot of parts for this piece too, this is really going to be the determining factor in whether the project can move forward, which is why I'm asking for a genuine list of people who would be interested in going in on the run.

Let me know your thoughts prop makers.....let's make it happen :)

Interest List (updated 14.07.21)
  1. sketcherdan (Buckethead)
  2. dkraude
  3. Arctrooper51
  4. Gprops2
  5. DarthBrooks24
  6. Chase Butler
  7. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Last edited:
Update 20.10.20
So I have the final files and production drawings now in hand, there are a lot of parts, but! it really is a beauty! I am now able to get some accurate quotes to get this machined.

Project Plan.jpg

I am still trying to get some quotes in, we are just about to lock down again here in the UK, so may be a while before I can lock in a price

Hi mate just wondering if you get 25-50 on board would the price drop drastically? Thanks

Hi, yes absolutely it would! I would imagine it would come waaay down for that quantity, especially for the higher end of that. So far I've been working with getting about 10 made and yeah, it's a little more than I had wanted to pitch them at.

Update 4.11.20
So I have a quote in, if at least 25 of us can get on board they would be £600 GBP each + shipping for a kit. This is a great price for a full size kit

122453889_1084640025334378_1153837813027189997_n.jpg

Looking great! I am interested if we can have an option for the parts to be anodized as well.

Definitely an option I can look into, obviously increases the cost per part. At the moment for pricing, about 10 sets would be about £1000 gbp each, and if we can get to 25, then they would be £600 each. The anodising would be on top of that

To the top. I'm now working with dkraude on this and we're really looking into moving this into production, and have a US shop make the parts. If you are interested let us know.

I'll be honest, the 's' never really appealed to me that much. I'd go with one if I were doing a Clone Trooper costume that required that version. My big hope here is that it gets made, and that the common parts can then get used as the basis to draft and engineer a kit of the 'a'. I'd love to have a full metal kit of the longrifle.

Have you promoted this over on the Clonetrooper Detachment board of the 501st?

I'll be honest, the 's' never really appealed to me that much. I'd go with one if I were doing a Clone Trooper costume that required that version. My big hope here is that it gets made, and that the common parts can then get used as the basis to draft and engineer a kit of the 'a'. I'd love to have a full metal kit of the longrifle.

Have you promoted this over on the Clonetrooper Detachment board of the 501st?

Yes it is in the interest section over in the classifieds on the Clone Trooper board, no replies there. The A would be awesome, but also more costly!

Wow, that's... irritating. And a little surprising. What's your current timeline looking like? I'm kinda tied up for the next couple months, but I'd be willing to go in for an 's', out of a sort of completist instinct (I intend to have the 'a' and 'm', as well as DLT-19, T-21, Scout sniper rifle, couple versions of E-11, E-22, etc., so why not an 's'?), just to help improve my chances of seeing an 'a' made down the road.

Wow, that's... irritating. And a little surprising. What's your current timeline looking like? I'm kinda tied up for the next couple months, but I'd be willing to go in for an 's', out of a sort of completist instinct (I intend to have the 'a' and 'm', as well as DLT-19, T-21, Scout sniper rifle, couple versions of E-11, E-22, etc., so why not an 's'?), just to help improve my chances of seeing an 'a' made down the road.

That's great! Timeline wise I'm not sure, will not be soon, initial costings are all interest based which has been low. However! I am in talks with Field Marshall, aka blasterfactory, about the possibility of him producing them for his shop.

I will definitely be watching this thread! I would absolutely LOVE a DC-15S in aluminum and installable... right now the price point is pretty high but I think I'd find a way

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back