Clue: The Movie Edition Game

Marc Wagner

So, Clue is my #1 favorite board game of all time. I have more versions than I can count and some of them I paid far too much to get my hands on... I even have the VCR game editions.

The one that I had always hoped for was one based on the movie.

I have Clue: The Movie Storybook and the inside cover is a blueprint of the mansion in the movie. This could be textured to be used as the game board
4051438993_b7f4dd9d68_b.jpg

Next, there were some EXCELLENT paintings from this artist:
Movie stuff by MrOrozco on deviantART
He painted them on commission :D
I pulled the individual characters apart to be used as playing pieces.

UPDATE: 09/19/19
I've picked this back up and have been working to get this done! I redid the cards in the 1986 version style:

Card back:
Back.png

Character cards:
Green.pngMustard.pngPeacock.pngPlum.pngScarlet.pngWhite.pngWadsworth.pngYvette.png

Weapon cards:
Candlestick.pngKnife.pngLead-Pipe.pngRevolver.pngRope.pngWrench.png

For the board, I am recreating the rooms as they looked in the movie but using the layout of the standard 1986 board.
Rooms done so far:
Hall.png Ball-Room.png Kitchen.png

Board (with rooms from 1986 board as placeholders):
Board.jpg

Box Cover:
Box Cover.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Marc, how's the board game coming? I love the art work on the cover! and the layout looks perfect. I'm impressed so far. If there's anything I can do to help just ask, keep up the great work!

I happen to find it as I was doing research for mine and thought it would be perfect for you. Your even making the playing pieces? Damn, I can't wait to see.

Marc, I got them done and they look awsome. Printed, cut and Laminated. They turned out better then I thought. So, I made an extra set for your board game. If you want them just pm me your address and I'll mail them off first thing.

05540FBF-12EA-4384-AC47-6C132417BBFC.JPG

New versions in movie credit style. Not sure which I like best...
Green.pngMustard.pngPeacock.pngPlumb.pngScarlet.pngWadsworth.pngWhite.pngYvette.png

BIG thanks to Rik1138 for his screen camps from the blu-ray.

Used to have that version of the game when I was a kid. One of my favorite movies. Need to rewatch it again and see if it's ok for my daughter. Can't remember enough details.

Yes I am still working on this. I am thinking that because of the way the mansion is set up, the traditional was of playing is problematic. I am working on new rules specifically for this version.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back