Done / Completed Clue: The Movie Edition Board Game

Totally want. Please also consider a run of just the playing cards (double sided) I think those by themselves is an excellent collectible to have!

IMG_1752.JPG

First up, The Rope. It is just straight 3D printing in a white PLA.
I'm doing the Weapons in Real Life, with Marc's files. Essentially beta-testing. :)

I have posted them in threads before - this one too I think:
View attachment 1067525

Yes I am. The cost to make one would be quite high but if I do several it will save me and everyone else who wants one a ton ;)

I am totally wanting those movie cards (in the above attachment) for our cosplay group!
Clue_Alamo.jpeg
Can you tell me how you got those? My Wadsworth cosplay is the one card no sets have!

This entire thread might be just a red herring...

I had to read that twice before remembering that part of all 3 endings.
But, on the serious side, I'm having trouble duplicating the physical weapons. And so is Marc Wagner. He said they want an outrageous minimum quantity to professionally replicate the weapons. I haven't given up hope doing it myself, I still have something I can try.

Why not use Shapeways or just have someone here mold and cast them?

Shapeways has a minimum price per object, and in steel (which is NOT high resolution) they would want $75 for one set of the 5 metal weapons.

If you know someone here that will do it, that would be great.

I'd be interested in at least the cards, player pieces, and victim tiles. My own thoughts for something like this... oh, a couple years ago, ran to even more extreme extremes. I wanted to do 3D printed player pieces of the characters (I've been painting minis for thirty years -- the thought of re-creating the movie characters' wardrobes and accessories is a nice one), but I don't know how one would go about creating a 3D model of Madeline Kahn or Christopher Lloyd or Tim Curry, plus the clothes and such. For the board I wanted to do something like a movie version of the old Franklin Mint game:

1591520781367.png

Physical rooms matching (or at least approximating) the sets. Don't need the fancy wood case or 24K gold accents. 3D printed furniture pieces are fine. I also wanted multiple floors (the ballroom is upstairs in the movie), including a basement (that I didn't go far enough down the rabbit-hole to think up a game mechanic for). I've played Star Trek's 3D chess since high school, so even if I didn't sort out how to make it all go, I had faith it was at least possible.

That said, your board is the most brilliant 2D board I've seen in any edition -- but I may be biased because I adore the movie...

Just the board for me. I've got different cards printed with photo-pawns on their way. I'd prefer to be able to print the board myself since I've got a few quirks to my setup but I'll take what I can get :)

Last edited:
I'm working on getting this finalized now. Will offer the complete game, but also the board and the cards and the tokens as separate items that way people can get what they want/need. The board is 20" x 20" and is quad-fold. Are there rules for linking to Etsy stores?

About the cards, the rooms are based on my board specifically so the room images wouldn't match other boards. Wouldn't that be an issue for those who are only wanting the cards?

Unfortunately, I won't share the artwork for personal printing. I've had too much of my hard work used to profit others. I will work with you to help you get a size or board type you need. Just PM me!

Last edited:
I am interested

This is not an interest thread. You should not be posting a message like that, HERE.

Things that you CAN do, HERE.

1. PM (private message) the person that you are interested.
or
2. Post a public message like you did......but simply say, "You should do a run".

Number 2 is great. That should really be what people should say in such cases.

;)

I just received the printed copy. It's gorgeous! I'm going to do some adjustments before doing a run.
20200902_084159.jpg
The box:
20200902_083328.jpg
The board:
20200902_083553.jpg
The cards:
20200902_083702.jpg
The pawns:
20200902_083459.jpg
Extras:
20200902_084212~2.jpg20200902_084221.jpg
I included an extra way to play this edition by adding victims. So instead of just trying to figure out who killed Mr Biddy, you could try to find out who killed which victim!
20200902_083834.jpg
I also did movie credit versions of the suspects:
20200902_083743~2.jpg

WOW !!! That is awesome ! I like that the game tokens have the pictures of the characters.
I am loving this !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back