CLU, Tron: Legacy, original design

kalessaradan

Been watching the forums for a while, and working on an original design for a CLU costume. I wanted to post this up and also to ask if anyone else is dressing up at Dragon*Con this year. Our group is doing Tron costumes on Sunday night in the Marriott and wanted to see when/where other people were going to be.

Anyway, I know the photos suck for now, plan on getting better shots at the show. The goal of this costume was to have something similar to the robe he wears during the Games sequence, but something more casual I guess. I really like the concept of a half skirt, so I played around with that lower design, and wanted the jacket to be similar to both the robe and the flashback motorcycle coat.

Some shots of the costume in action:
297224_10150760059620167_580355166_20017392_2141392_n.jpg

297529_10150760059655167_580355166_20017393_1723761_n.jpg

Original Concept Drawing:
306137_10150760059715167_580355166_20017395_2387546_n.jpg

Costume on the floor:
312165_10150760059770167_580355166_20017398_930854_n.jpg

308328_10150760059830167_580355166_20017400_2690428_n.jpg

I ended up choosing the Tour Master Solution Waterproof Road Boots and some military Kevlar gloves. There are photos of those items on my full tutorial: CLU Tutorial

Last edited:
Looks good, I just pep'd a CLU helmet, but working on my Anon bondo stage atm and since it's my very first attempt at making helmet still learning, I think a CLU helmet would look great with that costume. What did you use as for you coat there?

All the textile stuff was done with a faux leather upholstery fabric. I don't plan to wander between hotels at Dragon*Con, just chill in one hotel, hopefully near an air conditioner vent, hehe. It doesn't breathe at all.

My brother and I own Aradani Studios, and we have an in-house seamstress that makes costumes for us and our customers. I drew up the design, and she made a pattern out of Muslin, made sure it fit well, and then made it out of the upholstery fabric.

I am not being rude, but seriously, you could go as a program that is notorious for crashing, so that way you could at least have a witty response to someone who makes a comment. Be Windows ME or something.

So I will ask something dumb... so what does one do with that file? Is that so you can make it out of paper and then cover it with Ureshell or something?

Sorry if that sounds really simple and basic, just curious... thanks!

Both of you guys look AWESOME!!!!

Seriously I may have to reconsider my Halloween costume to do something Tron. The lights and all are fantastic! :thumbsup

I will be at Dragon*con with Kalessaradan. I decided to do a virus costume in case any one is interested. Here are a few pictures.
012%2B-%2BCopy%2B-%2BCopy.JPG

008%2B-%2BCopy%2B-%2BCopy.JPG

013%2B-%2BCopy%2B-%2BCopy.JPG

Wow, I'm impressed how bright that EL tape is. Which brand did you use, and what kind of inverter? So far I've been very unimpressed by how bright EL tape is versus LED, but the effect you get in the camera with that one is very impressive! Nice job!

So I will ask something dumb... so what does one do with that file? Is that so you can make it out of paper and then cover it with Ureshell or something?

Use Pepakura Designer or Viewer software to print and assemble out of cardstock, harden with resin and then use something like bondo to shape and paint, it can take quite a bit of time, I haven't started on my CLU helemt except pep'n and assembling since I am still working on my Anon helmet from Tron Evolution

Use Pepakura Designer or Viewer software to print and assemble out of cardstock, harden with resin and then use something like bondo to shape and paint, it can take quite a bit of time, I haven't started on my CLU helemt except pep'n and assembling since I am still working on my Anon helmet from Tron Evolution

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back