Limited Run Cloud city blaster - Relby K23 - aluminium conversion kits! NOW LIVE!

Are folks planning to sand down the Nemrod/Galeon logos, or leave it as is? Any recommended method to make the finish as smooth as possible?
I filled mine with milliput and bondo. Did a few passes until it was smooth
20220530_201012.jpg
20220625_222458.jpg

I received my kit this week, and woah!!! just amazing quality ! I should not be surprised as i also got the kit Eethan made for the death star camera and it was also incredible work :p

The parts fit perfectly the Galeon, that definitively what i was waiting for when i start my Relby k23

Still some filling work and putting the model parts and a beautiful blaster will be finished :)

Thanks Eethan

IMG_20221002_093722550.jpg

IMG_20221002_093740163.jpg

IMG_20221002_093746890.jpg
IMG_20221002_093950350.jpg

I received my kit this week, and woah!!! just amazing quality ! I should not be surprised as i also got the kit Eethan made for the death star camera and it was also incredible work :p

The parts fit perfectly the Galeon, that definitively what i was waiting for when i start my Relby k23

Still some filling work and putting the model parts and a beautiful blaster will be finished :)

Thanks Eethan

View attachment 1621629

View attachment 1621630
View attachment 1621631View attachment 1621632
Awesome! thank you for sharing the photos Storm!!

Thanks Eethan

View attachment 1621629

View attachment 1621630
View attachment 1621631View attachment 1621632
Hey storm, I noticed you have a different trigger than the screen used one. I cast a bunch of these if you need one. It looks exactly the same as an original. Here's a picture of one of my casts. I had to use one myself because one of my spear guns had the wrong trigger.
20221002_013632.jpg

Matthieu is it okay if I post here? I’ll delete it if this is weird

I’m currently working on casts for this blaster. I missed the boat in order to pair them with his kit, life happens, but I haven’t given up.

I currently have actively successful molds for the f-4E triangles, the calc button and the motor coil plate. (I plan on drilling out the holes, much cleaner and takes like 2 seconds)

I’m ordering silicone today to make molds of the bomb halves. Would people prefer I make the whole bomb/v8 flange part and cast it as one piece? That would mean I only have to make one more mold I think..

I also tend to leave material so people can sculpt their own glue connection but I’m always happy to isolate the part if people want. I’ll post in the junkyard or something… I’m planning on putting a greeblie kit together for decently cheap. I found reliable resin that is much more affordable and effective

Attachments

• 1FBB317A-3BA8-44A2-A71F-880D3D106671.jpeg
    1FBB317A-3BA8-44A2-A71F-880D3D106671.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
  • D35E67A9-AB6B-4406-8AA3-8C6865E610A7.jpeg
    D35E67A9-AB6B-4406-8AA3-8C6865E610A7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Hey storm, I noticed you have a different trigger than the screen used one. I cast a bunch of these if you need one. It looks exactly the same as an original. Here's a picture of one of my casts. I had to use one myself because one of my spear guns had the wrong trigger.View attachment 1621637
This is awesome! Thank you for molding the right trigger. I love this community

No worries for posting your casts here Tom, for fairness, i need to point out that Ryan already made casts of most of this as well :)

That’s great! I’m glad there’s many options available for us, man I remember when it was dry here and you couldn’t get parts. Corellian exports makes light ports for m19 scopes because we started finding them chopped up for post war use, before that you were stuck with a partial scope lol

We got this!

Hey everyone sorry I didn't post yesterday was very busy with family situation. The post is up in the runs thread for the k-23 blaster greeblies!

I'm flexible so if you need unmodified original parts I have all the molds so just PM me. Also the v8 washer piece i have by itself if you need one. I offer the v8 cone end cap piece with or without that washer but if you want the washer piece I can cast it by itself.

I do not have some of the greeblies. I'll probably end up making them if no one else is. Ive been researching the unidentified parts and I'm extremely close to identifying one of them. I got the calculator button cast from thd9791. Its a good cast and very awesome that he found the correct calculator. Bravo on that and thank you so much for offering that cast!

I do not have some of the greeblies. I'll probably end up making them if no one else is. Ive been researching the unidentified parts and I'm extremely close to identifying one of them. I got the calculator button cast from thd9791. Its a good cast and very awesome that he found the correct calculator. Bravo on that and thank you so much for offering that cast!
What is the make and model of the calculator? I‘d like to get the original part for my build if possible.

And it is an early version with a specific font on the buttons. The box does not match the calculator. I’ve found two different fonts on the actual item, with a third font on the box later to be used in other products.

0B6E3163-CE96-4881-B83A-380F0E33B207.jpeg
B85FA34A-98AB-4BD2-A722-50C00F8982AD.jpeg
2818A1FD-D4AB-4542-B5BC-4B1109DB08C7.jpeg

I find these buttons fascinating because the shell was produced and then black was injected into the button. OR a separate part was made that snaps in. Either way these early buttons are two parts fitted together. I’m used to seeing injection molded shells with printed lettering

Hello guys,
I think a few people in the US have started receiving their kits or will receive it today or soon :)

I have just started advertising on facebook that the kits are available, it has been almost 2 weeks that I put those for sale and I still have 5 people from the list that didn't buy or respond and I can't afford this, sorry. So from now on, I can't guarantee anymore that the people left on the list will get a kit if they don't contact and discuss with me what can be done. I am willing to help if I can, you just need to ask :)

I think this is a cool kit and a very rare opportunity to get an accurate metal conversion kit for this blaster, I would say, get it while you can and don't regret it later on if you don't :)

cheers

Beautiful parts—it’s really a shame to have to cover these in paint.

View attachment 1624168
agreed! i haven't had time to test this and I don't know if I'll be able to do it anytime soon, however, i was thinking of basically painting everything silver, then rubbing the paint off on most of the aluminium parts, only leaving some in the grooves and junctions between parts. it looks good in my mind, possibly with some light weahering with a slightly darker paint as well, no idea if it will actually look good in reality :)

thank you for the positive comment guys, thank you mgoob as well for the very nice positive feedback with the RPF feedback system as well, it's very much appreciated and always super helpful when you guys take the time to do this! (y)

Beautiful parts—it’s really a shame to have to cover these in paint.

View attachment 1624168

No, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am planning to leave mine bare and just paint the plastic parts a nice shiny silver. I just can't paint this beautiful metal and I think, or hope it will look good.

Payment coming today or tomorrow hopefully Eethan. Just waiting on a check.

Tom

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back