Closing the gap in the 1/4 PRED Mask NOW WITH VIDEO!

encline designs

My suggestion: This is an awesome figure and this is not really necessary, or, if you are nervous to try it, don't. You can use a model glue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X2eYDd0fQw

thanks to some of the guys over at ssc.com: Soak the head in hot water for about 5-10 minutes and use a larger flat tool to gently pry the mask off.

Here is the original:
cimg6107.jpg

the lower part of the bio with the ridge almost removed:
cimg6126b.jpg

the upper part with the visor trimmed down:
cimg6127.jpg

the parts of the head I trimmed down to help the top of the bio lay better:
cimg6128f.jpg

sitting the top part back on first:

cimg6132y.jpg

adjust to fit:
cimg6133x.jpg

The helmet mod is way much better and accurate, but that might ruin the value if it doesn't match to all the others out there on stocked shelves. I will have to think if I want to do that to mine or not.

Thats more like it now he looks good. Thats crazy you took yours all a part cant wait to see when its done.

1_4__pred_003.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn!!...I just had to see this post!! Now it will bug the hell out of me till I fix it. I think while I have it off I will see how it fits over the closed mouth one,and maybe make one for it?

and new netting:)

the lights are a great touch.....I am working on those right now..
Man Encline... where have you been?

Way cool on the mod though man, I am sure a lot of people will use this as a reference. B)

As for me, I ordered the closed mouth, but I hope to try to get all three. Ugh... that will be expensive.

Man Encline... where have you been?

Way cool on the mod though man, I am sure a lot of people will use this as a reference.

As for me, I ordered the closed mouth, but I hope to try to get all three. Ugh... that will be expensive. :)

Haha...man, I have been waiting for this fig to get back to working on a pred! I stay so busy with transformers...plus I was in Atlanta for two months..found out my mom has Dementia...that is a messed up illness.... so I am back in my shop..

I hope this does help..it is not necessary at all, but for those who are not afraid, just a little bit of work can go a long way...

Awesome David, i will be watching ur vid for sure! bio looks hell of a lot better now

Thanks dude! I am about to upload the vid now..

I had absolutely no idea what you guys were talking about regarding the gap until I watched the video. ...maybe I shouldn't admit that, but anyway the video is awesome. I'm anxiously awaiting mine to arrive.

P.S.

With a crew of drunken pilots! We're the only air ship pirates! *propeller sounds* awesome.

I'd like to see someone make a mask for the close mouth one just to be able make it as good as the hottoys one that I have. Just a thought. Mine come tomorrow can't wait to see them. I'm sure someone will.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back