Done / Completed Domed glass case stand for Trooper Trent's floating Jedi Training Remote

The three new units were assembled and painted on Sunday. I gave them sometime for the paint to cure to ensure it doesn't stick to the plastic bag.
I will be packing them up tonight and shipping them out first thing tomorrow morning.

I will be doing a run of cutting tomorrow (Monday)

Also, just a reminder the glass is not included as detailed on the first page.

Sorry for the delay, real-life issues took a lot of time this week.
I have both shull24's and kitjunky's units painted, they will ship out Monday.
You both should have tracking numbers via paypal.

I went ahead and built and painted three extra so the next few folks won't need to wait as long.

NoSloppy, Sweet! Paypal link is here: Pay Joshua Driggs using PayPal.Me
Select goods and services to provide your address and for me to provide easy tracking.
A reminder that the glass is not included.

I will go ahead and laser etch enough wood for the four remaining bits of hardware so they will be ready to assemble and paint as needed.

This is BEAUTIFUL WORK! Out of this world... the lights and all... I have a question which is out of context but is there a way to customise the MR Training Remote to work with this system? I mean has anyone attempted to install magnets on the official MR prop?

uglyguitarguy is getting the last kit. I don't have anymore hardware to build more, I may release the DXF file in a bit for folks who want to laser cut their own.

Thorskywalker, the magnet inside Trooper_Trent's kit is very large, but is also isn't a rare-earth magnet. I know there are placed that sell floating magnet kits that work exactly the same as his kit, but you wouldn't get the ball to light up.

This is BEAUTIFUL WORK! Out of this world... the lights and all... I have a question which is out of context but is there a way to customise the MR Training Remote to work with this system? I mean has anyone attempted to install magnets on the official MR prop?

Personally, I think it'd be more difficult to cut the MR in half, properly mount and balance the floaty bits, reassemble the training remote, and refinish it than it would be to just build Trent's kit. I'd also hesitate to chop an MR in half, I can't imagine that's good for its resale value.

Trent's kit and instructions are really nice, very manageable. I'm not a very talented modeler but I put it together without major issues over a handful of weekends.

zapwizard Is the base meant to show the LED ring around the base above, or more like recessed and shine through the vent holes?
Mine is 1/2 way exposed and 1/2 hidden. Wondering if I should shim up the feet of the base.

Last edited:
Personally, I think it'd be more difficult to cut the MR in half, properly mount and balance the floaty bits, reassemble the training remote, and refinish it than it would be to just build Trent's kit. I'd also hesitate to chop an MR in half, I can't imagine that's good for its resale value.

Trent's kit and instructions are really nice, very manageable. I'm not a very talented modeler but I put it together without major issues over a handful of weekends.
Yeah I definitely wouldn't suggest chopping up an MR. It's got it's own place and value for what it is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back