close to screen accurate p1

thebeastwithin

well, the time has come...
the project all high schoolers hate, senior projects. i've decided to make the best of it by doing what i love, sculpting. over the next 18 months i will be creating a full close to screen accurate predator 1 suit, all sculpted and cast by myself. i will be learning all i can on the most proffesional quality skills needed and how i can best use them. i will be documenting all i do and research, and i will add it to the lair for feed back. that is if ya'll would be so kind . i hope you enjoy watching my process as much as i will enjoy the suffering and happiness of it all.
thanks to all who read and "help", i start soon. :(

-zach

Senior project isnt a school year only 9 months? Are you antisipating being held back a year. LOL just kidding will be watching the progress.

well here it is, i finally started.... i have been so flooded with homework and projects here lately that i just haven't had time to start, but i finally got goin and i have a four day weekend ahead of me, so there should some more updates more often as well....

now granted i've been side tracked a little with this:
batamnandcaroline.jpg

and seeing that its part and partial of the whole project, i have had to give it it's do's.....

anyway's here's the sculpt so far:
predsculptbeginning.jpg

i truly welcome any and all comments and/or critiques.... i want feedback as much as possible, especially from you guys 'cause i aspire to reach levels of acurracy and perfection close to what so many have achieved on this site

thanks,
-zach

hey all,
im back, but i'm sorry to say i haven't gotten much done, or atleast not on the sculpt, but i have gotten tons done on my research paper on prop construction :) . anyways, i was wondering if any bodies got some seriously good quotes on the actual making of costumes, whether it be from the almighty Stan Winston or someone in his crew or even someone completely different. any and all help is greatly appreciated. i'll be posting the link of my rough draft so far here soon and any updated pics i have of the sculpt

thanks to all,
-zach

aight, well im back, sorry its taken me forever to get anything done, with the research paper and family here for the holidays, i was starting to think i would never get anything done. but i finally cleaned up my act (and my work space :) ) and got goin again. i purchased 20 more pounds of klean klay and have hit the ground, um, well ive hit the ground, thats bout it hahaha

anyways heres an update:

ive finally started on the legs...
100_3017.jpg

100_3018.jpg

and of course enlarged the base layer on the arm
100_3016.jpg

cheers, all feedback is appreciated

thanx,
-zach

keep it up my man!!so far so good.
haha thanks im gunna try and finish up the legs here soon and im bout to start on the mechanical parts soon too ;) i cant wait to get this project up and goin to a higher degree ;) just been a little sick lately and with all the holiday issues i mentioned i havent done squat diddly, i plan on having a fully servoed head and animatronic gauntlets and cannon, so this should be quit interesting to try out since its my first time doin any of that :) i guess its worth the stab in the dark haha

Lmao, at our school we barely had enough money to buy paper, and you guys have clay???

I love america.
haha actually no, i've done like fund raising and bought all of my clay myself with some help from my parents hahaha my school has been trying to renvait for years haha, the middle schools all around have been rebuilt, my school is the same from about 75 years ago hahaha aint that a B haha :)

That is cool. Never had a class where they taught sculpting so my skills are nil. Just a little confused. Said you were doing a P1 sculpt but in one photo there is a Batman sculpt in progress. Good on you looking, good progress, forward to updates. :)

That is cool. Never had a class where they taught sculpting so my skills are nil. Just a little confused. Said you were doing a P1 sculpt but in one photo there is a Batman sculpt in progress. Good on you looking, good progress, forward to updates. :p
haha, well my class doesnt really teach it, we mentioned it once for a 3 day period when my teacher was out, but that was it haha, and yeah the batman was the reason i hadnt updated the predator in awhile haha, it was something i was doing before i went like super crazy about new ideas of what to do for the pred :D

that's awesome though bud,.....
wish i had gotten into it back then ,...

and ya already know more than me about it so,.....
keep it up ,.....looks good so far,......

btw what type of clay ya using ???

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back