cloudborn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was binging through the animated Clone Wars series and noticed the Republic clone troopers were flying early single-wing versions of the X-Wing called the Z-95 Starfighter.

1670198701442.png
1670198711057.png
1670198950972.png

There was also an upgraded version they used called the Z-95 Headhunter which had the longer laser canons.

1670198882716.png
1670199049485.png
1670199084905.png

I think they look kinda cool and was wondering...did anyone ever create a model or resin kit of that ship?

I know years ago that Alfred Wong did the more modern Z-95 at the bottom, but that kit is probably out of production. I haven't heard of any newer kits of either version though. Maybe someone else knows better.

.JPG productions had a 1/72 resin kit of it. Not sure if it was an Alfred Wong mastered kit or not though

You can try contacting him via Facebook

Here are a couple of builds

While not a kit, and on the small side, there was one for the X-Wing miniature game that scales out around 1/257 or so along with most other ships in the line. It is also nearly the same scale as the Bandai Razor Crest if you like pairing things

Thank you for sharing that info...I'll look around and see if I can locate a kit for sale.

Thanks again!

I made this 3d model (the last image), over 20 years ago :)
I think the z-95 appeared for the first time in the game Tie Fighter in 1994 and was depicted many times in the expended universe. There was no definitive official design, it was always a bit different. But in general, it was more or less an xwing with only two wings (I remember seeing one with four in a comic). And it often had this bump behind the cockpit. So I guess the clone wars version would be the canon design, if you care.

Last edited:
I made this 3d model (the last image), over 20 years ago :)
I think the z-95 appeared for the first time in the game Tie Fighter in 1994 and was depicted many times in the expended universe. There was no definitive official design, it was always a bit different. But in general, it was more or less an xwing with only two wings (I remember seeing one with four in a comic). And it often had this bump behind the cockpit. So I guess the clone wars version would be the canon design, if you care.

Very cool, nice work! It would be great if someone released a series of these pre-X-Wing variations. Maybe add the 3D models on gambody.com?

Was binging through the animated Clone Wars series and noticed the Republic clone troopers were flying early single-wing versions of the X-Wing called the Z-95 Starfighter.

View attachment 1644698View attachment 1644699View attachment 1644701

There was also an upgraded version they used called the Z-95 Headhunter which had the longer laser canons.

View attachment 1644700View attachment 1644702View attachment 1644703

I think they look kinda cool and was wondering...did anyone ever create a model or resin kit of that ship?

Those are cool. It would be possible to kitbash an X-wing model, with some work.

The Z-95 was first in one of the old Star Wars Books featuring Han solo IIRC it was "Han Solo at Stars End"... and some fan designs came from that (like Alfred's). The ones that show up in the Clone ware as an Homage to the prototype X-Wing models that used a dragster as the main body. You can see it here:
BTW those series of old Han Solo Stories are totally worth reading!

Jedi Dade

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back