CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

Of course, I had to pull up that scene around the holotable from ROTS immediately after the episode

I have a question for some here with a better knowledge of individual clones...

Rex told Ahsoka that Anakin was at the meeting when he left. In that scene in ROTS, a clone walks away before what was shown in the episode. Is that clone supposed to be Rex, or has it been established that it was another clone?

Of course, I had to pull up that scene around the holotable from ROTS immediately after the episode

I have a question for some here with a better knowledge of individual clones...

Rex told Ahsoka that Anakin was at the meeting when he left. In that scene in ROTS, a clone walks away before what was shown in the episode. Is that clone supposed to be Rex, or has it been established that it was another clone?

I think they are trying to establish that the meeting started well before what we see in the movie when Cody arrives. So maybe, they met with Rex to get his brief and then other Commanders came in to give their briefs.

Looks like someone tried to establish the timeline here....

Last edited:
This last episode was CHILLLING and SUSPENSEFUL! Best one yet as it weaves right around Ep3. I got chills when Maul used the force to show Ahsoka Mace's death. What go me was the fact that they ripped the audio straight from the film instead of redubbing it. That gave me major chills.

I figured it was more her sensing it in the Force because of how close she is with Anakin rather than ascribing anything to Maul. Nothing we have seen from him leads me to believe he is capable of that. Maul is a brawler in the Force, and not nearly that introspective/subtle. Part of why his vision they talked about on Mandalore had him so ****** up is because he has never experienced the Force that way.

So this episode also confirms that the final fight was as not happening at the same time as the fight with Maul and the scream as previously thought.

Got major Blade Runner vibes from the music in this episode.

Because the fight with Mace and Sidious happens after the meeting that takes place in this episode...

I have a prediction for the last episode...

I bet we see Moff Gideon installed on Mandalore.
Doubt it. I don't think Moff Gideon becomes Moff till a year or more after the end of TCW at least. He "might" be there but since it's still an all mostly Clone army; at least for some time, he's probably a commander or similar rank..

Keep in mind, the Dark Saber is currently on Dathamir. We're not going to see it till Rebels when Sabin finds it and it's given to Bo Katan. That's 15 years after this episode. Then roughly 8 years later on The Mandalorian. Moff Gideon will have been Moff during this time. 12-15 years after TCW.

i was thinking the same thing. blade runner crossed with a requiem or a little Kronos quartet a la platoon

Damnit. You two beat me to it. I watched it last night, and the musical tonnes instantly reminded me of Blade Runner. And it didn't fit. Sure it fit the mood and tone of the episode, but it didn't fit Star Wars because it made me think of Blade Runner. That and the long drawn out nothing dialogue-free scenes.

Saw it last night, and wasn't terribly entertained by it. There were some neat scenes, but otherwise, it was pretty boring.

The good: Visually great. Neat seeing Maul contained in the Mandalorian force user box. Direct tie in between ROTS. How Rex was saved. Some tense scenes despite knowing that Rex and Ahsoka will make it (that is not a spoiler).

The bad: Blade Runner tones that while fit the tone of the episode, just don't work with Star Wars. IF it makes me think of something other than Star Wars, it's a fail. Maul
being captured by Ashoka only to be released by Ashoka for such a weak reason
, dumb droids scene, and actually pretty boring and underwhelming.

Saw it last night, and wasn't terribly entertained by it. There were some neat scenes, but otherwise, it was pretty boring.

The good: Visually great. Neat seeing Maul contained in the Mandalorian force user box. Direct tie in between ROTS. How Rex was saved. Some tense scenes despite knowing that Rex and Ahsoka will make it (that is not a spoiler).

The bad: Blade Runner tones that while fit the tone of the episode, just don't work with Star Wars. IF it makes me think of something other than Star Wars, it's a fail. Maul
being captured by Ashoka only to be released by Ashoka for such a weak reason
, dumb droids scene, and actually pretty boring and underwhelming.

You and I must have watched VERY different episodes...

Apparently there are only a few good (read competent) Jedi in the Prequel time period and Ahsoka is one of them. She fought the clones the way Aayla some of and other Jedi should have.

The problem with the Clone Wars though, is for every good episode there is a so so or even bad episode. And even then, they have to connect to the poor Prequels. I enjoyed the Clone Wars comics too but those had the same problem.

Apparently there are only a few good (read competent) Jedi in the Prequel time period and Ahsoka is one of them. She fought the clones the way Aayla some of and other Jedi should have.

The problem with the Clone Wars though, is for every good episode there is a so so or even bad episode. And even then, they have to connect to the poor Prequels. I enjoyed the Clone Wars comics too but those had the same problem.

I think Aayla might have been hampered by being shot in the back by surprise.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back