Clone Wars starts tonight---don't forget!

I watched the first 2 seasons of CW on Bluray. I've kind of had enough.....
All this is supposed to have taken place in the 3 years between AOTC and ROTS? Um.....Yeah.....

Rich

Here's hoping for a good season...
hasselhoff.gif

Okay shark guy was stupid. Giant half mechanical jelly fish are also stupid. That's from my 8yo nephew. I agree though. :lol I saw the shark guy and was like "Is this Finding Nemo? What's going on?"

Ugh, CW is one of the few SW things I'm still into, but I actually had to struggle to sit through the premiere. Bummer. But season 3 ended strong just when I was about to stop watching, so I'll hold out hope :)

Wait- you've got the squid-head guys, the Mon Calamari, Kit Fisto looks like an octopus head and you guys think the shark guy looks stupid ?? Really ???

Yeah, slow start to the season but this 'fluff' episode ropes the little kiddies in and based on the scenes from the rest of the season it looks like it's going to get a lot more dark and serious.

Yeah but the Shark Guy just looks like a guy with a sharks head stuck on!
What was he called anyhoo? General Charcaradon? Mighty Whitey?

C'mon.....

Rich

The shark guy was Commander Tamson (sp) and one of the few cool parts was him actually going after people with his teeth - creepy!

I don't like blasters and lightsabers under water. And why not have voice alterations of characters speaking by water flowing over their gills? Also, the humans being able to go up and down in water so quickly without any problems also bugged me.

It's worse than when they are out in space and you can hear explosions.

I will say some of the other water effects were cool and the way the water tubes worked, but my 13 year old is having so many problems with the show that he can't enjoy it much anymore. (And we can't with him constantly pointing everything out)

The Scuba-Troopers were neat. Someone must be working on that helmet as we speak.

Yeah, underwater the Lightsaber should be boiling water at a furious pace. Of course, this is Space-water.

When JAr-JAr came on I went off. Can't stand him in any way, shape, or form.

Wait- you've got the squid-head guys, the Mon Calamari, Kit Fisto looks like an octopus head and you guys think the shark guy looks stupid ?? Really ???

The problem I had is that they just stuck a shark head on. They made no attempt to make a Star Wars-y looking design. They just made it look like a Pixar or Disney movie shark.

It's worse than when they are out in space and you can hear explosions.

That and the fact there is no friction in space, how do those ships fly that way with a single engine? :confused I guess it wouldn't be exciting if it was realistic. :lol

I was fine just going with the flow of the premiere. I thought it was fun, but goofy.

My brother came in, and laughed, and shook his head. "Really? Underwater?"

And I said, well, at least we get COOL underwater battles.. with mon calamarians, and the quarren and stuff.. and not those damn gungans! Plus, this is like a political civil war thing. This would have been much more interesting to have watched than that crappy .. "UTA BUNGO!" crap from phantom menace!

My brother continued to shook his head, and left the room.

Twenty minutes later, when they called yoda for help, and the council uttered the words.. "naboo".. My scream of terror was louder than darth vader could ever muster. The echo of "NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ran through the entire house. Said brother ran into the room, thinking something was wrong. he found me on the floor, pounding the carpet like Taylor in Planet of the Apes..

"THEY DID IT! THEY ARE BRINGING IN THE GOD **** GUNGANS FOR HELP!!!!! NOOOOOOoooooo....."

But I've already set it up for series record. This is the first year i've been all caught up enough to watch the season live. So I'm gonna stick with it.

Seriously though. I nearly ripped my hair out when I realized I was gonna have to sit through the frickin gungans again..

I feel like Lucas is making a point of giving fans the finger. He knows we all loated that NOOOOOOOO! so he put it in ROTJ. He knows we all loathe Gungans, and there they are, shoved right in our faces like the cold sore on a hooker. It feels like he's intentionally pushing the bits that irritate fans just to remind us that "screw you, I made this, I like it."

Obviously he's not really doing that, but it FEELS that way sometimes.

I watched most of it, was kind of cool, but I had a serious issue with when lightsabers were used underwater it didn't result in steam explosions around the Jedi. If the blade melts blast doors, it should have instantly started vaporizing water making contact with it and resulted in steam explosions around them. Blasters working underwater too seems unlikely.

I liked the biomechanical jellyfish though!

The echo of "NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ran through the entire house. Said brother ran into the room, thinking something was wrong. he found me on the floor, pounding the carpet like Taylor in Planet of the Apes..

"THEY DID IT! THEY ARE BRINGING IN THE GOD **** GUNGANS FOR HELP!!!!! NOOOOOOoooooo....."

:lol I could perfectly picture that scene.

Our family has been using the DV "NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!" quite a bit since we heard about change to the RotJ scene. It is really amazing how many appropriate times there are to use it in a single day.

Oh, one thing that had me laughing my ass off.. the smile from Kit Fisto as he set that little water speeder on a collision course with the jellyfish. He's hilarious looking when he gets that grin.

Also, maybe I missed it but I was hoping to hear "It's a trap!" from Captain Ackbar. We did get to hear "It's an attack!" though, which was close, but still.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back