Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

A baby who had limited ability to verbally communicate is quite different than a capable child who has full potential for annoying banter. Too early to tell if she is a positive or a negative.

If the Empire is going to reneg on the clone purchase order, I wonder if the Kaminoans will pull the plug on the batches in various stages of development to cut costs, or maybe just find new buyers. Would be interesting to see in a few years (story time) conscripted Imperial Stormtroopers having to face off with clone mercenaries. I also imagine there would be transitional years of clones serving side-by-side with conscripts.

It doesn't take a military genius to recognize that soldiers with pre-programmed combat skills and absolute obedience are much preferable and effective than having to train and indoctrinate armies from scratch. Tarkin is supposed to be smarter than that, so I wonder if there's something else behind this.

I guess what gets me past the "oh no a kid" thing is that Omega is one of them, a fellow clone, even though genetically manipulated differently, making her presence more relevant and interesting than just some random precocious scalawag twerp who refuses to scram.

Last edited:
It doesn't take a military genius to recognize that soldiers with pre-programmed combat skills and absolute obedience are much preferable and effective than having to train and indoctrinate armies from scratch. Tarkin is supposed to be smarter than that, so I wonder if there's something else behind this.
Seriously! The last thing you’d want is one of them taking off their helmet, picking up a lightsaber and joining the Resistance!

LEGO-Star-Wars-Bad-Batch-Shuttle-75314.jpg

Just watched the first and second episodes. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Bad Batch during their original introduction, but I’m really liking them in this series. I like the gear and tech and the designs of the group.

I could do without the Mary Sue kid who apparently can pull powers out of thin air when the script needs it.

I’m hoping that they are able to free Crosshair soon - him and Tech are my favorites.

Oh and that arm of Echo’s freaks me out.

Just watched the first and second episodes. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Bad Batch during their original introduction, but I’m really liking them in this series. I like the gear and tech and the designs of the group.

I could do without the Mary Sue kid who apparently can pull powers out of thin air when the script needs it.

I’m hoping that they are able to free Crosshair soon - him and Tech are my favorites.

Oh and that arm of Echo’s freaks me out.
What powers does she have? She identified with them because she was the 5th, overheard stuff because she was in the room, nearly got eaten by a nexu or whatever that was, and got stick in a crossfire. She displayed one whole talent - the ability to shoot, which, if she was a clone, you'd think is a talent they'd have imbued in all of them.

What powers does she have? She identified with them because she was the 5th, overheard stuff because she was in the room, nearly got eaten by a nexu or whatever that was, and got stick in a crossfire. She displayed one whole talent - the ability to shoot, which, if she was a clone, you'd think is a talent they'd have imbued in all of them.

Exactly. Eventually it will be revealed what purpose the cloners designed her for.

So far the show is doing exactly what I wanted it to be; a revelation of the conversion of the Army of the Republic to that of the Imperial Forces. I have also always been interested in what it was like to be a clone after Order 66. Did they continue be controlled under that mind control or did they find themselves confused and ashamed at what had happened. So far it would seem the former. I had always wondered if there would be any Clones that were not effected by Order 66 due to an unknown defect or possible chip damage that might have happened in battle. I also wonder if such Clones would work to free other clones from that control. i have to think that Rex may have taken that path. I would be interested to see if the Bad Batch do that as well. i would hope that would be the case at least with Crosshairs.

I like seeing Tarkin. To me it makes sense that he wants to get rid of the Clones. With their plans of a stronger fleet and death stars, they are going to be wanting to put their resources (funding) into other projects. Although a volunteer Army will not be as efficient as a clone army, it will be cheaper and Tarkin is the kind that would believe that imposing fear and restrictions will hold down any uprisings and/or threats. Tarkin is also the type of racist that would not believe a clone could ever better than himself or for that matter, a human.

I guess what I was thinking was she was able to fairly effectively fire a blaster when she had never fired one before. She also predicted Crosshair’s future full-turn to the Empire and that it was not ultimately his fault. (I will say that we could possibly conclude that it’s because of the knowledge of the control chip that she knew about as explained in episode two and she might know the procedures that would be used on Crosshair - but the Empire ordered the procedure to increase the chip, the Cloners didn’t seem to want to and I doubt Omega would know with certainty that the procedure would work without killing Crosshair)

Looking at the first two episodes she’s done the following: warned the Bad Batch of Tarkin, asked the BB not to return to Kamino, was the only one that fit into the wall panel to release the jail cell door, saved Hunter from Crosshair with a blaster, and took the code ID cards to Cut’s family.

In most of those situations, it seems that if she hadn’t been in the show the BB would still be stuck in jail cell or Hunter would have been killed by Crosshair, or Cut’s family would have been taken into Emperial custody.

Don’t misunderstand me, I’m really liking the show and can’t wait until the next episode. I would just like to see the “saves” be spread out among all of the characters and not just Omega. Each member of the BB has a fairly defined set of skills and abilities. Omegas Skills and abilities are still not defined and appear surprising even to her. I fear every week there will be an unconquerable obsticale and Omega will suddenly display a new unknown ability or skill that saves the BB for another day.

On another topic, why was it that Cut’s family didn’t just fly away with the BB in their shuttle and be dropped at a planet, instead of the entire adventure of replicating code cards and booking passage on a transport? The BB we able to fly away at the end of the episode so it’s not like there was a blockade around the planet. Maybe I missed something.

On another topic, why was it that Cut’s family didn’t just fly away with the BB in their shuttle and be dropped at a planet, instead of the entire adventure of replicating code cards and booking passage on a transport? The BB we able to fly away at the end of the episode so it’s not like there was a blockade around the planet. Maybe I missed something.
I had given that some thought after the episode. I think that it was important for them to have the proper documentation. It not only allowed to travel but will allow them to settle down somewhere without having to be consistently on the run like the Bad Batch will now be doing.

I had given that some thought after the episode. I think that it was important for them to have the proper documentation. It not only allowed to travel but will allow them to settle down somewhere without having to be consistently on the run like the Bad Batch will now be doing.
That makes sense. I like that idea. :)

Apparently we’ll learn later on that Omega was one of three identical clones for ‘special services’ to the Republic/New Empire. She was the only successful one from the batch as the second one has severe psychological issues and is in an asylum. The third came out morbidly obese and is now working in the kitchen. Her name is Fatty Omega 3!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back