Clone-in-training uniform from AOTC

Fetthunter

Sr Member
I'm trying to find reference material to make a clone "training" uniform from AOTC like these (no headgear - just the soft parts):

clones.jpg

I want to make one for my son to wear to 501st events. As he's only 4 and too young for armor just yet, this would be an easy costume for him to wear AND it would be canon at the same time. (Plus I costume as Boba, so there's a "connection" there. ;)).

Thanks.

J

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem+Jan 8 2006, 02:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Jan 8 2006, 02:55 AM)</div>
That can't be too hard to do.  It's a pretty basic tunic and belt, no?
[snapback]1153692[/snapback]​
[/b]

I don't know... That's why I need some reference material. ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-GeneralMayhem

I have the book on order from amazon. Should have it some time next week.

I'd appreciate a scan, if you could post one. :D

Thanks.

Originally posted by Trallis@Jan 8 2006, 03:59 AM
http://www.cincitoymuseum.com/patches/fanmade.html
il.jpg

found this in a yahoo search for something else a few months ago. this site does have some patches for sale but this isnt one of them
[snapback]1153716[/snapback]​

Yep, I'm going to need one (or two?) of those at some point. Wonder if they sell them on eBay... :confused Guess I'll check.

Thanks for the link.

:::EDIT:::

On that patch page, it thanks adamata for the clone patch. Maybe I'll just PM him. :D

Hey,

I could not tell you anything about how to do that costume but I went to a seamstress 3 years ago and showed her the what is what book from episode II. There are some very nice pics from Boba Fett jr. were he´s wearing that uniform but without the patches. It takes about 3 days and she was ready with the softparts. Here is how it looked after the 3 days....

CIMG0887.jpg

The boots are high black leather kids boots and easy to find in winter days at any shoe shop.

The belt was not so easy because I´m not the person who could work with leather so I called someone who could do that for me and let him make the belt for me.

Here is the link who made the belt for me and he knows how to do a belt.

MP Productions

So it´s not a great help I know but the seamstress also told me it´s not very difficult to make that costume if you could handle a mashine to sew.

Greetings Guido

Originally posted by IanL@Jan 8 2006, 10:01 PM
the undershirt and pants look like they could be made with hospital scrubs.
[snapback]1154167[/snapback]​

And my wife works at a hospital. EXcellent... :D

Originally posted by TK-4140@Jan 8 2006, 01:21 PM
CIMG0887.jpg

Here is the link who made the belt for me and he knows how to do a belt.

MP Productions
[snapback]1153874[/snapback]​

Mind me asking how much he charged for the belt? I'm trying to decide if it's worth making it myself or contracting it out. :)

Thanks.

J

Hey J,

wow it´s 3 years that I got the belt and I think I have payed about $150,- complete with shipment to germany. At this time it was my only option because I´m not a person that can make belts so I must look to get it made for me. The quality is absolutly perfect and it´s very well made. I sold the complete suit some weeks ago to a friend who has a big Star Wars show here in my city and he was totaly happy to get that suit.

Greetings Guido

Originally posted by TK-4140@Jan 11 2006, 04:31 AM
Hey J,

wow it´s 3 years that I got the belt and I think I have payed about $150,- complete with shipment to germany. At this time it was my only option because I´m not a person that can make belts so I must look to get it made for me. The quality is absolutly perfect and it´s very well made. I sold the complete suit some weeks ago to a friend who has a big Star Wars show here in my city and he was totaly happy to get that suit.

Greetings Guido
[snapback]1156039[/snapback]​

Thanks for the info. :)

Originally posted by Lord_Gita@Jan 11 2006, 07:47 AM
I used to produce those patches a few years back. Let me see if I have any stached besides mine. :)
[snapback]1156093[/snapback]​

Post if you run across any. I'm interested, depending on price. :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back