Clone Commander Bly Build

Lando

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This will be my first build, looking at CDR Bly, its probably going to take me a long time to build, I already have the helmet and the armor.

ee49f82d.jpg

IMG_8057Small.jpg

I have alot of work ahead of me, I am planning on putting together a regular white EP3 clone ready for Halloween after that I will convert it to CDR Bly, I already ordered the binocs and im already looking at a kama and a shoulder pauldron

A pair of EVO3 Nocs arrived today

IMG_8058Small.jpg

Here is a test fitting, I adjusted the chest and back to fit me, I also put padding on the shoulder bells, but by the looks of it, I need to raise the shoulder bells a little, the bicep pieces are way too big, either i need to work out or make them smaller, I think making them smaller would be easier. :)

smallclonejpg.jpg

fcdf56fd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Commander Bly Build

yeah the belt im going to buy, the one pictured will take too long to put together

this build is going very slow.
fcdf56fd.jpg

you can get everything you need at clonetroopers.net

I also fixed the tube stripes as they were in the wrong place.

IMG_8121Small.jpg

I also ordered Steelblitz belt, arm and chest ammo boxes and a commpad

thanks, its alot of work, takes a long time to get it all done, now I know why finished complete armors cost so much

I have an appreciation for the work... I mean for goodness sake they said to heck with it for the movies and CGI'd the armor... so I wouldn't imagine it's an easy task.

Just did some test fitting of the shoulders and arms, I have to adjust one of the bicept straps, dont mind the bondo and the elbows still working on the elbow straps.

IMG_8123Small.jpg

IMG_8124Small.jpg

got the elastic straps on the hand plates glued, they are ready for painting

IMG_8125Small.jpg

IMG_8128Small.jpg

IMG_8129Small.jpg

Your build looks awesome so far I am currently building Iron man armor and will be completing clone armor next if I can set aside the money .... subscribed

I'm reading this with great interest as I want to start building a Bly (Phase 2) after the first of the year. Has an official CRL been developed on the 501st site? I see the generic clone guidelines under the Bly CRL, but nothing terribly detailed and helpful specific to Bly himself (unless you count "paint him mustard yellow" a helpful detail...). There *should* be three references now: Ep3, Hasbro 3-3/4" figure, recently released Sideshow 12" and Attackus 1/10 scale. Might be something in the comics, but I've lost track of them. Anything else you know about? Does anyone know of changes in his armor between the Phase 1 version and the Phase 2 version - other than the helmet, of course?

Since my family is not with me and ill be celebrating Thanksgiving by myself I decided to give Bly a liitle life. I still need to weather it.

IMG_8131Small.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back