Clone 6 Star Corps Clonetrooper Costume

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by DW Design Studios, May 12, 2006.

1. DW Design Studios

DW Design Studios Well-Known Member

Here are some recent photos on my Clone 6 Star Corps costume. These were taken a couple of weeks ago down in LA by Brak's Buddy.
    Enjoy.
    Darren :)
    P.S. I am still working on getting my Clone boots to look right.

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Sr Member

Very very nice. I'm doing a star corps myself. What color paint did you use?

3. fettster

fettster Sr Member

mr helmet + clone 6 armour = perfect clone trooper suit.

looks awsome, well done

4. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foxbatkllr @ May 12 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1243260[/snapback]</div>
    That is a beautiful piece of work there. What type of connection/support sytems did you use? :)

5. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

I've never heard of clone 6 armor whats the going rate for a set?
    and that looks awsome.

6. Pauleysolo

Pauleysolo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

WoW. That looks great.

7. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Sweet suit... Amazing.

8. Tim Allen

Tim Allen Sr Member

I was their a few days later, which i could of come on ur day clone. Maybe next time ;)

9. EVO3

EVO3 Well-Known Member

That is THE baddest Star Corp Clone ive seen to date. That C6 armor rocks. I just wish i had the duckets to shell out for one of those. Kudos on all your hard work. :thumbsup

10. DW Design Studios

Thanks guys.

The color was airbrushed by some paint I had left over from my ESB Boba Fett costume.
    The base is Reefer Yellow, then a light coat of Rust and last just some plain old Black to darken it up.

The strap system is the same that I used for my Trooper suit. The center section is held up by suspenders
    and the upper legs are connected to a cloth belt around my waist. The shoulders are connected by a strap that snaps under the top of the shoulder bell. The biceps are connected to the shoulder bells so the don't slide down.

Darren

11. CTF

CTF Sr Member

The best Clone I've ever seen. Actually, it's the only Clone I've ever seen that looks like one. Perfect, dude. I want to do a Clone but if it ain't done right - what's the point?

:thumbsup

12. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

That's probably the most well proportioned Clone armor I've seen yet, and nicely finished.

13. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Great job.

14. deralis

deralis Well-Known Member

Thats awesome ...
    Hope you can make it Down to Comic Con,
    Thare will be a few Star Corps Troopers there this year....
    Myself included... just waiting on my Binocs.

15. Bountyhunter Niko

Bountyhunter Niko Well-Known Member

* .... Sweet as.

16. Mxlplx

Mxlplx Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Amazing costume, inspirational.

17. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

C6 knows his stuff....
    Amazing looking costume :thumbsup :thumbsup

18. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Wow...that looks so real, you almost look CG... :thumbsup

19. TK-4140

TK-4140 Well-Known Member

Hey,

wow what a amazing costume that is the best Clone I have seen till now. You did a perfect job on that and I would like I also could wear that armor but my problem is I´m a litle bit to big for clone or Stormtrooper armor I think.

Greetings Guido

20. TK1536

TK1536 Sr Member

Fantastic. :thumbsup

21. clonesix

clonesix Sr Member

Dude, those pictures are beyond incredible. Braks does some great work. I was admiring those pix over at TDH and thought they looked sharp. You did an incredible job putting that suit together.

I am looking forward to seeing what you will have at SDCC this year. Troop-on.

22. Darksaber212

Darksaber212 Well-Known Member

Awesome Star Corps. Nice job. B)

23. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member

Outstanding. Now I need to get crackin on mine...........

24. darthgoat

darthgoat Well-Known Member

Fantastic. One of if not the best clone suit I've ever seen.

25. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Now why dont you fess up and admit its one of those highly detailed Koto Models :D
    -Scott

26. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

did you try and match up with the MR buckets colors or did you paint the helmet when you painted the suit?

either way...

:eek

it seems with ep3 troops its either horrible or perfect... cause all the other ones ive seen have been crap.

you seriously look CG.

heres to all the people who said the MR bucket was too small etc. :unsure

i want one. :love

:thumbsup :thumbsup

27. kropserkel

kropserkel Well-Known Member

Fantastic work.

28. FETTCLONE

FETTCLONE Well-Known Member

Absolutely fantastic. You've assembled the armor to fit you perfectly, and the helmet looks very much in scale with it. I like the clonesix armor more and more everytime I see it, but this paintjob punches it up another notch. Congratulations on a job very well done. :confused :D

29. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(FETTCLONE @ May 15 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]1244862[/snapback]</div>

i know C6 armor is IMPOSSIBLE to get, but what does it run when available?

30. DW Design Studios

Thanks again everyone for all of your kind words.
    Thank you CloneSix for making such a great replica of the CG suits in E2.
    These suit are not cast form ANH Hero Helmet's or a ROTJ suit. These we sculpted from reference photo's from the movie. It just goes to show that almost anything can be done with a little hard work. LucasFilm could have done these to give E2 and E3 more of a realistic feel for the movie's. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the new movies but nothing is cooler that the old "HUGE" sets that were built for SW, ESB and ROTJ. It would have been cool to walk the Echo Base Hoth set back in the late 70's, or the huge Death Star landing bay in ROTJ. Maybe someday someone with the money and time could recreate something like that full size. I would pay a pretty penny to be able to walk up into a full size Falcon and look around.
    Thanks again Brak's for taking such great photos of my costumes. After seeing the photo's, it justifies all of the late night I spent out in the garage.
    As for as the color and paint. The helmet was just a plain white one. I had to airbrush three different colors to get the brown/orange to look close. It would have been a lot easier just to buy a can of spray paint. (If they only made a color that was relatively close).
    Here are some other photos that were taken the same night. This ESB suit is also still a work in progress.
    Darren