Clockwork Orange Phallic Statue

CorkerCity

Hi guys! I'm an amateur prop maker and I'd love to make my own "Rocking Machine" statue from A Clockwork Orange without breaking the bank. I don't think I can post a picture of the statue on here for fear of getting flagged, but I think you know the one I'm talking about. It's called "Rocking Machine" by Herman Makkink. I'd love to have this piece in my home, but I don't know where to start!

If I had to sculpt that, you can try this.

The easy way would be to sculpt it out of pink insulation foam. Then skip to the foam coat.

You can also create silhouettes out of cardboard and use expanding foam into the crevasses. Then use something like plaster like this to get the top surface shaped to what you need. http://www.art-rageous.net/carving.html

Then use foam coat like this to make a hard shell surface. You may need a few coats to get a nice thickness.

Then you clean that up and paint.

I you need this hollow, then you would have to fiberglass, it is messy and cost a lot money in supplies.

maybe for a version 2.0?

You filthy simka! :lol

Wish we could see your progress on this.

Good luck on this project!!

Viddy well, brother, viddy well!

- - - Updated - - -

Aye! Thanks for the reply! Any idea where I could get such material?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahaha, nevermind! Found some on Home Depot's website! This is certainly the direction I'll head in. Thanks again.

Ok! I've gathered two large styrofoam balls and half of a smaller one. Now I need to make (pardon me) the shaft. I want this to be a rough draft so I'm thinking cardboard? Let me know how you'd go about this.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back