Clocks of Back to the Future

I am just finding this thread :D Great finds Roland! I would love to see your restored clock when it's done :) I can relate to how difficult it is to find the Bulova alarm clock. It took me 18 months of dedicated searching to find one. I searched both eBay and Etsy at least three times every day (morning, noon, and before bed, and sometimes in between) for 18 months.... During my time searching, I saw a few show up on eBay for hundreds of dollars. I refused to pay that much money for a vintage clock. Eventually my daily intermittent searches became a habit, and one day I found one after it was listed for only 2 minutes. It was $30 in the exact condition I have it now. The listing made no mention of BTTF; it only said "Vintage Bulova Alarm Clock" and the description read "Used" haha :) Soxbrother I hope your searches will pay off one day. It is definitely worth the effort. It sucks that these are so hard to find :(

Clock Bulova.JPGClock.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been searching much lately, did found one a while ago, ( it was not a Bulova but a Kiple , like Roland's )
(you can see my post about it a couple pages back in this thread ),
but sadly, I lost the bidding on that one.

some day...

Finally I was able to get my hands on a Kiple clock: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/201451334960 - Euro 16.50 plus shipping. :D

It looks very worn, but it still works!!! Any idea, what I could do to restore it to its old glory?

View attachment 551351 View attachment 551352 View attachment 551353

View attachment 551354 View attachment 551355 View attachment 551356

It was a long journey, until I found it. During the search I found two other clocks with the same face design. The differences: The big clock has a bigger face, no brand and an additional "QUARZ" sign. The brand of the other clock is "Peter" and the face has inverted bells (white numbers on black ground).

View attachment 551357 View attachment 551358

that has to be a record price you bought it for! aren't they 400-500 bucks?!

Actually the one that just got for 227,50 on ebay is not even the exact one !!! the backking of the roman numbers was BLACK instead of WHITE as the screen used one...

Actually the one that just got for 227,50 on ebay is not even the exact one !!! the backking of the roman numbers was BLACK instead of WHITE as the screen used one...

No....:confused the roman numerals were black with white bells. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-To-The-Future-Bulova-copper-wind-up-Alarm-Clock-DeLorean-McFly-BTTF-/331713261058?hash=item4d3ba6ae02%3Ag%3AtDMAAOSwcdBWT2Kc&nma=true&si=gL7kkzfUYVIvvf3kk9n%252F8041Uc4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

- - - Updated - - -

I almost got a Bulova today, but didn't win it in the end :(
It went for 227,50

Awww... that sucks :( It's OK, that's too much money in my opinion. Hopefully there will be other opportunities.

The first bidder and the winner are identical. I wouldn't wonder if it was the seller himself. :lol

By the way: $227,50 isn't a bad price for Doc's Bulova. But there's a reason why I didn't make a bid: The clock has the wrong back side. There are back sides with engraved (recessed) signs and with embossed (raised) signs. The embossed version is the correct one as seen in the movie. As you can see on my pictures, there are Bulovas and Kiples with both back sides.

Movie screen caps:
attachment.php

(Don't ask me why they removed the two left knobs in the first movie, they reappear in movie 2)

attachment.php

Attachments

• bulova_backside.jpg
    bulova_backside.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,491
  • docsclock_backsides.jpg
    docsclock_backsides.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 1,708
it's the wrong coffee machine, but I was planning to do it too :) Just waiting on finding the correct version of the coffee machine, I already have the timer.

Last edited:
Yeah it is 90% similar.. the only difference is the clock background color..this one is white and the screen accurate one is black...
As for the timer (Intermatic Master Control Model: D-811) it is the correct one !!

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way: $227,50 isn't a bad price for Doc's Bulova. But there's a reason why I didn't make a bid: The clock has the wrong back side. There are back sides with engraved (recessed) signs and with embossed (raised) signs. The embossed version is the correct one as seen in the movie. As you can see on my pictures, there are Bulovas and Kiples with both back sides.

(Don't ask me why they removed the two left knobs in the first movie, they reappear in movie 2)

Thanks.

As always you give us very useful info :thumbsup;)

Roland, thank you so much for this information :D I had the wrong back side on my clock all along. I just got a Jerger clock with the correct back side so I can switch the back side with my Bulova clock :thumbsup

Roland, thank you so much for this information :D I had the wrong back side on my clock all along. I just got a Jerger clock with the correct back side so I can switch the back side with my Bulova clock :thumbsup

That's a great idea. They are the same parts from the same factory, so it's still original when you have switched it. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back