Clive owens excalibur... finished and ready for killen stuff

ever since i saw that movie i wanted this sword.. it was an idealized mix of 2 nations, and it is a beautiful sword. i did a alot of searching and searching for the original but nadda. so i decided to take matters into my own hand. i started scultping it myself but realized early that my talents were lacking for this particular cause so i sought out a good friend who took the job. I have been producing Jose De Braga's swords for a while and he was very interested in taking on this sword. we went back and forth with drawings until we agreed on this one. of course its not screen perfect but i think it is a great representation of it... we drew it up with conans atlantean sword sizes in mind, not huge but still very useable. i have David blue of savage swords doing the blade, hes going to etch the runes on it..
anyway heres the start of one of the cooles things ive been apart of...
the guard and pommell will be bronze but i am not sure on the handle.. maybe a mother of pearl resin... any ideas?
KKKA15.jpg

excalabur2-1.jpg

runesblade1.jpg

drawing.jpg

excalibur3.jpg

excalibur4.jpg

excalibur2.jpg

handle.jpg

total.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Clive owens excalibur... my personal favorite

Good start. That excalibur reminds me of Conan's sword. I've always favored Sean Connery's excalibur from First Knight. But I'll be following along to see your progress on this one.

-ash

it looks like the grip itself is bronze in the film!

whew! thats gonna be a heavy one!
maybe some bronze colored resin?

i could do it the same way i do the kurgan helmets.. bronze powder... it would look like metal parts but be suuuper light...
the film sword was a one piece deal.. maybe fiberglass or rubber..

Man you are just cranking out some beautiful pieces lately.

Looking forward to seeing this done!

Good start. That excalibur reminds me of Conan's sword. I've always favored Sean Connery's excalibur from First Knight. But I'll be following along to see your progress on this one.

-ash

Love that one :)

You guys can have the sword, i'll take the girl :D

Impressive recreation of Owen's Excalibur. Will keep and eye on this thread to see how it turns out.

I also really enjoyed the movie for its (novel for the cinema) Romano-British take on the Arthur story. Similar in some way to Bernard Cornwell's Warlord Chronicles.

That hilt looks amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I wish there were a way to create these in resin or something similar to make just wall-hangers.

Absolutely gorgeous work.

Lapis Lazuli sphere for the pommel would be pretty awesome.

Dude, that's amazing engraving work. Can't wait to see how this one turns out!
Chris

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back