Clint Eastwood - Man with No Name/Blondie

Hi,
Very nice costume !
Here my Man With No Name SAA version with snakegrips
The SAA make by Cimarron .
I have also the shirt, gunbelt, hat, spurs...

Bests

Caplan

Attachments

• DSC_1920.JPG
    DSC_1920.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Here is my Gunbelt that I have customized to make it a little more accurate and more flexible (being of too rigid origin) although being of good quality it is far from being faithful to the original (however the key piece of the Eastwood costume) the original having 30 cartridge loops (here 24 or 25 depending on the sizes) the belt is too high by 5mm and the pattern seams too large, the rest is not very suitable, I intend to have one made very precise by my shoemaker thanks to photos from the net. (on the net no sellers offer a model 100% faithful to the original)
The second photo is that of my boots with the spurs which I also modified.

The shirt is very close to the model that Eastwood wears in the High Plains Drifter.

Best

Attachments

• DSC_1920.JPG
    DSC_1920.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 324
  • DSC_1921.JPG
    DSC_1921.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 397
Last edited:
I'm getting started on this costume myself now.

So far:
I've ordered the Straightline shirt,
About to order Cimarron's Man with no Name Navy conversion.

Still collecting data on (available in 2020) options for a lot of the items.

Would welcome thoughts or feedbacks on my notes below...

Contenders:

Vest:

1. Hollywood Prop / Larry Green Productions - $175
  2. Spaghetti Western Replicas - $325 (May be out of business.)
  3. Straightline - $84
Poncho:
  1. Hollywood Prop / Larry Green Productions - $320
  2. Straightline #1 - $169
  3. Straightline #2 - $269
  4. Cimarron - $75 (Pattern looks wrong.)
  5. Baron Hats - $399 (Haven't seen it yet.)
Hat
  1. Knudsen Hats - $375
  2. Baron Hats - $700
  3. Hollywood Props / Larry Green Productions - $225 (Used Stetsons)
  4. Spaghetti Western Replicas - $325 (May be out of business.)
Boots
No clue. Straightline is sold out of sizes other than 7-8

Spurs
  1. Straightline - $67
Holster
  1. Spaghetti Western Replicas (May be out of business.)
  2. Alfonso Leather's "Eastwood" - $575
  3. Davis Leather Company - $520
  4. Hollywood Prop / Larry Green Productions - $349
  5. Straightline #1 - $129
  6. Straightline #2 - $169

The OP certainly has the look! And the squint!

I'm not familiar with the details of the original costumes, but my only thing is that the leatherwork people are posting looks very new and pristine to me.

I had to make a belt and modify a holster for a costume, I really got into the thing of soaking the leather with rubbing alcohol, flexing it, sandpapering it, scratching it on bricks, whacking it with files, and so forth. I ended up with this look, I don't know if the originals in your films had this sort of weathering. (In the film the keeper isn't as weathered as the belt.) (The revolver is just a resin cast.)

XYOaI5n.jpg

Hi Guys,
Here is my Gunbelt that I have customized to make it a little more accurate and more flexible (being of too rigid origin) although being of good quality it is far from being faithful to the original (however the key piece of the Eastwood costume) the original having 30 cartridge loops (here 24 or 25 depending on the sizes) the belt is too high by 5mm and the pattern seams too large, the rest is not very suitable, I intend to have one made very precise by my shoemaker thanks to photos from the net. (on the net no sellers offer a model 100% faithful to the original)
The second photo is that of my boots with the spurs which I also modified.

The shirt is very close to the model that Eastwood wears in the High Plains Drifter.

Best
london Jacks leather do a good gunbelt Andy Anderson did the original I have one with a tie down although Clints had the steel hip plate see Jacks video on youtube making the Eastwood holster its on the London Jacks leather channel

London Jacks (On Etsy) makes one of the best out there. His oil treatment also results in a much more accurate finish to the holster. I’m getting one from him imminently but we’re trying to collaborate on a more accurate buckle. I have an Andy Anderson buckle that he might be getting castings done off of for future holsters.

You definitely live up to the mantle RSutter, it's the best depiction of angel eyes oopsy blondie (Callback :lol:) I've seen around these here parts. Tip of the hat to you sir, it's a fantastic piece!

Don't forget Clint wears his pants belt left handed .. Wonderful costume ..did this rough n ready rig from an old holster and did the belt with white string .. The gun is an old Japanese rep , I added a brass strap and the snake is carved leather painted silver . All stuff I had around so cost only the string .

Attachments

• IMG_20211215_133835.jpg
    IMG_20211215_133835.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back