Cleaning a puff painted spidey

bluejake

Hey guys newbie here... Ive a puff painted spidey and im wondering how to clean it safely, forgive me if this post is in the place thanks

Whatever you decide to do, if you can, I would test it first because fabrics vary.

I've washed a shirt with puff paint on it in the washer and it was fine. (puff paint example on the right of this image: http://www.jedielfqueen.com/costumes/embroidery/requiemsleevecompare.jpg

My one concern would be that the puff paint can break if it's too hot or too cold and treated roughly - and if this is stretch fabric that would be even more likely. So if I had something delicate like that I would soak it in warm water with a drop of laundry soap for about 20 minutes and then rinse it with cool water until the water ran without bubbles. Nothing super hot or super cold.

Be gentle and avoid extremes and you should be find... it is meant for fabric. (at least the kind I use!) :)

One thing we did with costumes in traveling performing groups was use isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle. It kills the bacteria that smell and it doesn't leave residue or discolor. Might be good for use after a con or something. But like everything, test it first before you do anything drastic to a costume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used frebreze on my Boba Fett jumpsuit and a flex design muscle suit, both I have had over 3 years. I have found that letting the suit dry completely in garage with fans on it for a couple days; I put the suit on a pool noodle to keep it open so the moving air can circulate. After the suit is dry apply the frebreze to all surfaces where it is soaked in, let air dry then repeat if smell is lingering. I have had very, very good luck with frebreze no discoloring or damage to either suit or various other costumes . Hope that helps. Washing machines can be rough…

I have used frebreze on my Boba Fett jumpsuit and a flex design muscle suit, both I have had over 3 years. I have found that letting the suit dry completely in garage with fans on it for a couple days; I put the suit on a pool noodle to keep it open so the moving air can circulate. After the suit is dry apply the frebreze to all surfaces where it is soaked in, let air dry then repeat if smell is lingering. I have had very, very good luck with frebreze no discoloring or damage to either suit or various other costumes . Hope that helps. Washing machines can be rough…

Using frebreeze is a pretty good idea. but my fear would be the damage with time my salty sweat could do to the fabric. with all the puffy painted spidey suit out there, no one has washed it yet?!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back