Clayton Carmine Helmet (WIP)

PukkaLemons

Jr Member
Hey guys this is my first time trying to finish a helmet instead of just pepping. Pics below are the progress i've made any criticism is welcome.
ive also put some photos of other pep i have done

IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG

This is how far i've got, Glassed as good as i can inside and resin on outside, Eyes cut out. What i want is LEDs in the helmet, so do i install them now or do the bondo work first?

Thanks

Chris

I know it's been a while, I just saw this thread. Nice pep! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the result. Here's mine :)

Clay helmet picture 1 resized.jpg

Sorry for the long delay had trouble convincing myself to body filler, but i'm quite far on now.

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

After first day.

IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG

After sencond day got some damage. but ill fix it later.

IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG

Sanded it down a bit and hit it with some primer then Filler primer and sanded back, i'm sloppy with the bondo sets too quick for my liking on this its too many details.

IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG

Got one side very nice only final touch ups and ill be ready for details.

IMG_0062.JPG

Sandied the whole helmet and primer again nearly there its gonna be beat up anyway.

IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG

Got some Milliput and started filling the spots. I LOVE this stuff give me about an hour to work with and is not toxic and i hardly use any.

And that's where if got to up to now, i want to start detail work soon. Progress should be quicker as i want to finish it now, this was all done in around 25 hours so far as learning (cocking up) it is my first time at this.

Thanks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back