Clay Recommendations?

CSMacLaren

Sr Member
I was using Klean Clay, which was okay, but I understand the manufacturer is no longer in business. No sulphur, oil-based.

I prefer something gray. Is there a particular brand you like?

we use chavant medium green a lot but think we will try out monster clay since we heard a lot of good things about that clay.Monster clay is brown i think

+1 for Monster Clay. I recently picked up about 40 lbs and it is awesome. Holds detail very well yet its fairly easy to soften it up when you want. Can be smoothed and worked easily. Really awesome stuff.

Super Sculpey Firm - Chavant Med or Hard. Chavant takes a little to get
used to because it can be a little sticky if you just try to move the clay
around, but if you like to carve on it like I do then it's pretty cool stuff.

Neither of them contain sulfer, so they're good for mold making.

I use the cheap stuff: Van Aaken can be found anywhere and not only does it do the job I need it to do, it does it swimmingly.

Super sculpey firm for me too.. I mix in a small amount of regular super sculpey, if find it makes it a bit nicer to work with.

I'd like to give monster clay a try tho... Do you want a hardened piece when finished?

shipping on clay is always a killer , esp with Monster clay . try local places to cut your cost down . Essentially it's all about the artist and what they can do with whatever clay they have . Great sculptors can make works from playdoh . Now that would be a great sculptor contest,

-James

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back