Clay instead of bondo for molding from PEP

sgtski

I have not seen anyone else do this before and i am wondering why or if i missed it. I know there is someone on here who uses hot clay and pours it into a Pep file and then removes the paper and cleans the file up and adds detail and then molds it, great idea. I was wondering if it would work to use clay onto a hardened pep file instead of bondo and possibly foamies. I am unable to do it where i am so i can't try. When i get home I want to try it. Clay has to be much easier to work with than bondo and a hardened pep file would be a great base to help get size, symmetry, and proportions.

I have not seen anyone else do this before and i am wondering why or if i missed it. I know there is someone on here who uses hot clay and pours it into a Pep file and then removes the paper and cleans the file up and adds detail and then molds it, great idea. I was wondering if it would work to use clay onto a hardened pep file instead of bondo and possibly foamies. I am unable to do it where i am so i can't try. When i get home I want to try it. Clay has to be much easier to work with than bondo and a hardened pep file would be a great base to help get size, symmetry, and proportions.

The clay might not stick onto the pepakura when you keep on working on it.
Maybe some sort of paperclay would stick.

Thats the example i mentioned, I am thinking of a different way of using clay instead of bondo on the outside and then mold it.

Stealth has been using that method for years. That is how he did his resin cast Ironman armor before he sarted doing the foam thing. ;)

Thats the example i mentioned, I am thinking of a different way of using clay instead of bondo on the outside and then mold it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back