Classic tunes you're "done" with

You know Stairway and Freebird are bathroom break songs D.J.'s will play or did play.

Back in the '70s, my father moonlighted as a DJ. His bathroom song was Creedence's cover of "I Heard It Through the Grapevine". That's all I can think of when I hear that song now . :lol

"Layla" was also mention upthread. I don't mind the original, but the slowed down, "Unplugged" version.... oh, how I hate that.

Agreed!

Boston has gotten really old. The same 3 songs from 2 albums (who count's the third, really!?)
I was cool w/ Dont look back the first 20 years I had to hear it. Now, in my 40's, I'm just done.

-Rylo

Anything by "Boston". I always thought they sucked.

Oh hell. I'd take just about anything you guys have mentioned over the crap I get to hear at work EVERY DAY on the muzak.
Every day.
Hanging Tough - New Kids
Can't Touch This - Hammer
EVERY DAY.

V A N I L L A I C E ! ! !

E V E R Y D A Y.

Agreed...

Except that I did used to like them, which sort of should be a qualifier in this thread (though I'm not big into "thread rules"!).

For example, I could go forever without hearing The Who ever again, but - though I appreciate them - I was never a big fan, so I haven't brought them up.

Yeah, good point on the "You had to like it at first to be really 'done' with it."

For me, that applies to More Than A Feeling, mostly because when I was in 8th grade (and again in 10th grade) I was super hung-up on this girl named Marianne. So, not only is the song annoying in and of itself, it's annoying because it reminds me of having been a schmuck. Twice. :lol

The rest of Boston's catalog, I never really dug, though.

Metallica's Black Album also falls into that category because I dug it around that same time. Now...now I just shake my head and sigh. Ah well. It was all a character building experience. Metallica included.

See guys you need to stop listening to the Radio for about 10 years then you can re-discover them as I did! :lol
I kinda have, as my the FM antenna on my car radio fell off or something years ago and I've never done anything about it. Between that and not having cable, it's only due to spillover media exposure that I find out about current popular artists.

If I NEVER hear Celine Dione sing "My Heart Will Go On" again I will be very happy!

That F-ing theme song from "Titanic" used to be played every frickin' it seems for at least 2-3 years after the film was released in theaters...

ogod, Wind Beneath My Wings. I was done with that one halfway through the first listen. "fly....flyeeeyeyeyeye, FLEYEYEYEEYEYEYEY awayyeyeyyeye..." Sounds like someone gonged out of the first round of American Idol. Screw Minmay, use THAT against the Zintraedi.

I think you missed the point. It's basically songs you liked once then as time passed you grew to hate or at least became "channel changers".

edit for redundancy: I guess the above point was already made. I should have read a few more posts.

BTW, I'm with you on Boston!

Doug

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back