Classic tunes you're "done" with

"we built this city" is the number one hated song on many lists. (including mine)
lets add;
stone free by hendrix
night moves by bob segar
cross town traffic by hendrix
anything by ELO!

Hotel gorram California. That song is sooooooooooo over-played. James Taylor is getting that way too. AC/DC is probably next on my "can't bear to hear this one more time" list.

Oh, and ****ing Journey. If one more drunken chick belts out Don't Stop Believin' I'm gonna throw up in her Long Island Iced Tea.

See guys you need to stop listening to the Radio for about 10 years then you can re-discover them as I did! :lol

Anything Led Zeppelin & anything Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Anything Beatles will make the list soon, I think...

You can add me to the group that's tired of the Eagles... Not really sure why, every time they're on the radio, I'm like, "Great song... I really don't want to hear it right now."

Hotel gorram California. That song is sooooooooooo over-played. James Taylor is getting that way too. AC/DC is probably next on my "can't bear to hear this one more time" list.

Oh, and ****ing Journey. If one more drunken chick belts out Don't Stop Believin' I'm gonna throw up in her Long Island Iced Tea.

I thought you were done with those bars? ;)

"I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing"- Aerosmith.

It was my wedding song.

Heard it one too many times before it was my wife's choice for "our" song. I was "over" it back then (1999).

If I hear it one more time, I'm gonna freak!

Oh another vote for "Don't Stop Believing."

Kevin

pretty much anything "classic rock", bubble gum 80's pop 40 and "oldies". There is only so many times the same song can play until its considered torture. Its why I gave up on the radio 20 years ago.

This. Even our "New Rock" station disappoints. I didn't listen to it for 6 months and when I turned it on, it was still playing songs from three years ago.

For some reason any song that is played by one of those big brass bands at a college game is ruined for me.

I hate the sound of that kind of music, and hearing a tune being played that way just makes it sound horrible forever.

Last edited:
Anything by 38 Special, Skynard or any Van Zant for that matter.

And, Creedence is pushing it!

-Rylo

See guys you need to stop listening to the Radio for about 10 years then you can re-discover them as I did! :lol

About fifteen years ago or so a classic rock radio station appeared but their playlist started out exceedingly short. I swear they played Brown Eyed Girl every 45 minutes. Needless to say I did not want to hear that song again for a very long time.

Now I play my iPod at work and it doesn't repeat songs but every other week and I sure don't think my library is very large. But I haven't heard songs in heavy rotation like I used to when I listened to the radio at work.....

....until recently. I bought the wife an XM subscription for her new car. And I'll be darned if every time I'm in the car and she clicks on the 50's channel I hear "a white sport coat, and a pink carnation"......

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back