Classic TARDIS (picture-heavy)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

deck5

Sr Member
A few pictures of my recently-completed Police Box. The exterior build is completed, at any rate; still working on the inside.

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

deck5

Sr Member
Outfit it with a desk, and then follow up on Sherlock Holmes' notion that the best thinking is done in small spaces. :)

DoctorWho

Absolutely love it. I want one but my wife won't let me do it. I would love to see a Tardis up close.

WarMachine

DAMN!!!! That looks beautiful. Nice and sharp. Loving the color of it too. LOVE IT!

I still hope that at some point in the future, I'll get to make a TARDIS.

Deanwormer

Very nicely done! Can I ask where you got the door hardware as the double screw handles are hard to find in the states.

deck5

Sr Member
Thanks! :) The handles -- I was fortunate enough to have a friend in England pick them up for me and send them over. They're brass; I nickel-plated them.

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Dang - that is sweeeet! One of the best looking repros I've ever seen done. Would sure go well with my chiropractic tool

deck5

Sr Member
oh my word, that is gorgeous.
How long did it take you to complete the exterior part?
Thanks! From starting to cut the wood to the finished exterior, say roughly 30 working days. The roof and windows were the fiddly bits that took the most time.

Deanwormer

Thanks! :) The handles -- I was fortunate enough to have a friend in England pick them up for me and send them over. They're brass; I nickel-plated them.
Thought that might be the case. I found a place that had handles in England but they aren't retail, have a minimum order and with international shipping I can't justify 50 bucks+ just to have the right handles that only a Tardisphile would notice.

In short: I'm jealous. :lol