Classic Poison Ivy

Brittanyalex01

Im in the first stage of making a Poison Ivy bodysuit for a Comic Con in September. Im using highwaisted spanks as bottoms, a bustier (that is super tight!) and a second bra to give the Comic book boob effect.
The steps I have taken so far are:
Spray painting the garmets black and then with ivy green glitter spray.
I am going to cut the bottom of the spanks to add snaps so that I can get in and out easier.
I have a ton of ivy prepped and ready to add to that garmets.

Any advice on what im doing?
P.S. Im new at this, first costume ive ever made!

Attachments

• 10334282_10152502635247650_4701336660493553727_n.jpg
    10334282_10152502635247650_4701336660493553727_n.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 142
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 186
Hi Brittany! Welcome to the RPF!

thanks so much for sharing, in answer to your question, no advice is necessary as you're doing a great job.

Actually I realized last night as I was starting to sew on a few snaps that the "fabric spray paint" didn't stick and I had glitter and paint everywhere. I had to completely scrub all of the paint off so I could still use some of the pieces. I decided to order a green corset instead and try that out... Hopefully that works better.

If you're still interested in the first design (Black with Green Spray) I'd suggest using a fabric sealant. Or even mod podge would work. I like the look of it! I wish I had thought about that when I made my Ivy last year but I used leaves and covered a red corset.

That's really good! Are you planning on doing the briefs still? if so- be VERY careful when you glue the leaves on the briefs because if you glue the leaves when the brief lays flat then the glue will tear and you'll loose leaves when you stretch them to put them on. I'd suggest wearing them and putting a piece of cardboard where your glueing so you dont burn yourself. I can't wait to see the end result. Good luck!

Thanks!
I'm actually just glueing them to place them, I'm sewing all of the leaves individually with elastic thread so I can hopefully avoid that!

Nice.......looks like there will be at least one nice costume at comic con. Glad to see your getting it done early ( hopefully I will get mine started next month)! Looking forward to seeing more comic con costume threads!

Thanks! This will be my first comic con and even though its just a smaller Richmond one I want to make sure I have an awesome costume! Ill post more pictures of the progress Ive made later today, im finally almost done with the top!

Your welcome. The Baltimore comic con is smaller also next to the other ones but is my first one as well and so pretty excited. A nice bonus if you could put a few bucks in your pocket with the costume contest but either way looks like fun!

Thanks! Ill be posting more pics as I keep working, just doing some boring stuff before attempting to sew the leaves onto the lyrca bottoms. If anyone has any advice on that, please let me know!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back