Clash of the Titans 1:1 Bubo by X-Plus

It's a cool piece as I said, but plenty of plastic pieces have metallic Finish. Hasbro 12" Ark for example.

For 300.00 you shouldn’t HAVE to put any work into it. For that price it should be perfect out of the package.

Agreed. I really think for the price this should have had a nice shiny finish. Heck Kenner gave us a nice metal looking finish on the 3 3/4" Ark 40 years ago.

Having said that I have been trying to get a life size Bubo since the film came out ,so despite the finish problem I am thrilled to have him.

Last edited:
I would love to see a shiny version. Is there any progress on this?

Yes. I have not started on him but I used the latest Rustoleum on my Cloud City blaster and, although initially not happy with the result it is looking very good. I need to touch up some places on it, but it now matches the aluminum Eethan metal pieces pretty well. No way I was gonna paint those.

The key seems to be letting it dry for a long time. Like weeks. I still feel handeling it might diminish the shine so I am going to experiment with clear coating some scrap after paintng them. I still want to let it dry for a few weeks before I clear coat.

I will post pics of the scrap pieces as soon as the weather get better. Right now we are enjoying much needed rain.

Thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back