Clark Kent Daily Planet pass? POSSIBLE SPOILER

By George, he's right. "Metropolis Greatest Newspaper"

Here's a cleaned up scan from my Superman II Daily Planet:
DailyPlanetScanB.jpg

And here's a LINK to the full size scan if anybody wants it.

Sure, I'll spearhead this one, but it'll still end up being a group project. With this kind of thing, I think it's better to have a few dozen eyes going over the project. :D

Let the games begin.

Steve

Aw crap...this is my 3rd edit as I see things changing already...

The DP globe from the S:II paper has North America below the banner; The Smallville one runs the banner across North America. Looks like I am rebuilding from scratch...Nothing is ever easy in this prop replica business, is it?

Wow. :confused I go to work for a day and you've got everything almost done. Great job so far, everyone. Steve, you've really stepped up to the plate and delivered. Kal-El, don't think I haven't noticed your help too.

The logo is looking good, and I finally know what the small print means. I also noticed the banner crossing the globe in different places between logos, but it's a small thing to me. That being said I wouldn't dream of saying "leave it as is" when someone wants to take it to the next level of accuracy. ;)

I've been playing around with the images in paint, but the results were less than stellar. Time to look at photoshop (or something similar), if my computer doesn't have a fit and die at the thought of it. :lol

I think this is going to be a fun little prop for all of us. Thanks again, guys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FETTCLONE @ Apr 28 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1235210[/snapback]</div>
Wow. :confused I go to work for a day and you've got everything almost done. Great job so far, everyone. Steve, you've really stepped up to the plate and delivered. Kal-El, don't think I haven't noticed your help too.

The logo is looking good, and I finally know what the small print means. I also noticed the banner crossing the globe in different places between logos, but it's a small thing to me. That being said I wouldn't dream of saying "leave it as is" when someone wants to take it to the next level of accuracy. ;)

I've been playing around with the images in paint, but the results were less than stellar. Time to look at photoshop (or something similar), if my computer doesn't have a fit and die at the thought of it. :lol

I think this is going to be a fun little prop for all of us. Thanks again, guys.
[/b]

Yeah once we all get this done, It will be my first ID from the show. My collection is small and I stopped buying things recently because everything is so expensive. I hope to change that because I just got a part time job and odd jobs in the neighborhood..

Thanks FEETCLONE I'm always glad to assist anyone who needs the help.

Hey Gang,

This is right up my alley. If Nobody objects, I'd be happy to tackle this project.
Two things:
1. I need the font (in mac format if possible - if not, I have a conversion program. Please email it to: chrismaage@hotmail.com
2. I need to know what the top of the tag looks like - is it punched through the graphic, or is the tag hole just above it?

I already have the laminate, so that will be the easy part. These would be cheap like my Pulp Fiction IDs - say, $5-7 shipped including the clip.

Misterfusion - If I'm stepping on your toes, please let me know and I'll gladly step aside.
Just trying to help :)

-Chris

Are you kidding? I have toes of steel.

I agree COMPLETLY that this is right up your alley and would LOVE to see your take on this.

Stomp away, baby.

Steve

p.s.

I sent you the inferior PC fersion of the font, but I'm sure you'll manage :)

ill take a few more pics of it. iirc its a top slot.

chris

[attachmentid=7853]
[attachmentid=7854]

top connector :)

chris

Thanks Steve,
I just wanted to play on the safe side of things - never know who you're going to offend on the RPF ;).

I'll try to get it started tomorrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hydin @ Apr 30 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1236106[/snapback]</div>
ill take a few more pics of it. iirc its a top slot.

chris

top connector :)

chris
[/b]

Thanks for that pic Chris - that answers that question - I have that exact type of hang-tag laminate in nice thick 5 mil. :)

Stay tuned...
-Chris

DONE:

dp001.jpg

I made a few ;):

dp002.jpg

Please look for the FS thread in the junkyard later on tonight.
Hope you like 'em,

Chris

Holy Frijoles.

You really are faster than a speeding bullet.

They look GREAT, and I'll be buying me a few of those bad boys...

EXCELLENT WORK.

Steve

Very nice. I knew this one wouldn't take long. And I'm sure it won't cost too much, especially after lots of contributors. Regardless, I'll be in for one.

Great to see us all getting our heads together and completing this so quickly. You all deserve a :thumbsup .

Was just watching episode 11 and roughly 21 mins in when Chloe and Clark are at the Planet, it shows chloes pres pass which is differnt from Clarks. The base is the same but instead of having one box with her name, it has two. It also doesnt' say press and has her photo on it.
EDIT: Got a screen cap and found the photo they used on the pass (if anyone can find a higher res one, please post. I know it's out there, i've seen it before). The top box obviously says her name, the bottm is up for discussion.

chloepresspass6jr.jpg

chloebio7au.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back