Clarence Clemons dies.

We were at a local watering hole, enjoying some beer and pizza when the news flashed on the screen. No one seemed to notice but us; it hit us hard.

Say what you will; the E-Street Band is no more.

Rest easy, Big Man, you will be missed. But you left behind a musical legend that will endure.

They didn't make the stroke sound that serious last week when he had it, well as far as strokes can be not so serious.

tumblr_levn7gpKus1qz8gt5o1_500.jpg

"Be Excellent to Each Other and Party On Dudes!"

RIP CC - So sad to see you go.

First Danny and now Clarence. Truly the end to one of the greatest Rock and Roll bands of all time. A RnR era has also ended. I'll never forget being 11 years old and seeing the cover to the newly released "Born to Run" and completely taken in by the iconic image of Bruce and Clarence. I was hooked and became a die-hard Tramp ever since. Their friendship represented what could be...especially when Bruce slid across the stage at the end of "Jungleland" and he and Clarence embraced in their famous soul kiss.

This is truly devastating news. :(

Very sad news :(

Never met him but I knew some who knew him and they said he was the nicest guy you would ever meet.

It was bad enough with Danny but now The E Street band is truely no more.

tumblr_levn7gpKus1qz8gt5o1_500.jpg

"Be Excellent to Each Other and Party On Dudes!"

RIP CC - So sad to see you go.

I was thinking of that exact scene when I posted last night :)

He was the coolest man on the planet. I saw them play in 2008 and he had what looked like a throne on stage. It was awesom, as was he. I knew I was cooler just for being in the same room with him, as were the other 18k people in the room.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back