Clan leader?

UglyMoFo

I'm a bit confused as to the roles of two Predators. In AVP, at the end we see the the Elder pred who gives Lex the spear. Then AVP-R showed us Wolf. Now were one of these Preds the clan leader of whatever clan Scar belonged to? I'm leaning toward Wolf, as he was sitting in a sort of throne room at the start of AVP-R. But what does that make the Elder at the and of AVP?

I always thought the clan leader was the AVP-give-a-spear-away-dood,

wolf to me was the "this place needs a serious dust, *bleep bleep* oh bollocks! Better get my badass mofo self to earth and sort out these nancy boy's mess..." kinda pred

plus wolf aint got the clan scarification...but then he may have lost it when he got half his face melted off trying to snog an alien queen.

I always thought the clan leader was the AVP-give-a-spear-away-dood,

wolf to me was the "this place needs a serious dust, *bleep bleep* oh bollocks! Better get my badass mofo self to earth and sort out these nancy boy's mess..." kinda pred

plus wolf aint got the clan scarification...but then he may have lost it when he got half his face melted off trying to snog an alien queen.

Actually, that brings up another interesting topic. Though you don't get to see very much of them, did the Preds on the ship that crashed have clanmarks on their helmets or anything? Or did the Strause bros. take it upon themselves to throw out that little pre-set piece of Pred lore like they did on so many other aspects of the Alien/Predator mythos'?

The ADI guys said Wolf was "an elder Predator", but I'd say the one at the end of AVP ranks above him. Wolf still had black dreads where as the AVP elder had the faded colors the older ones get.

If I'm not mistaken, the bio Wolf picks up in the wreckage is the Elder bio from AVP. However, only a sort of lifeboat actually crash-landed on Earth, you can see it detach from the much larger vessel at the beginning. So I guess not necessarily every one had to be on that.

like Scythe said the AVP elder in the first AVP is the main leader of the whole clan
and the wolf is ment to be the "cleaner", see the elder in AVP is a higher ranked
elder then wolf thats why wolf was sent , wolf may be an elder
but not as old as the AVP elder as fett said , becuase of the dreads , of course

but one interesting thing ive always wondered and thought was a cool idea
was that wolf helmet has all those marks , wat if all those marks are clans that
he earned respect from and is an elder to, wolf could be a main commander
like a general ,he reminded me of one because he was in a thrown over looking
the galaxy i could go on and on ....

but they called him and he decided he wanted to go instead of sending one
of his clan which are probably different generals ..

i could make a whole story :lol:

let me know how this sounds

I wonder if maybe Wolf isn't like an arbiter or something? I do not think he is a clan leader, there is no doubt the spear giver awayer at the end of AVP1 was the clan leader. Still, the one that leaves his throne on the planet and comes to Earth with his never dwindling supply of blue melty stuff seemed to have a real attachment to one of the fallen youths in the crashed vessel. It is a good question, that I never thought of, why didn't the main big vessel (probably carrying the Leader and the rest of the Clan too) come back? Why did the situation require blue liquid toting guy after all? That's gotta mean he fills some kind of different role... Damage Control officer or something that the rest of the Clan can't be bothered with? Or maybe he went because he was related/friends with the one of the dead?

Isnt there a story behind Wolf? He's in the warrior(which explains why he is hunting alone) or arbitrator class(which explains why he's so badass). The one that gives away the spear in AVP was an elder though, no doubt.
Whats with all the masks on the rack in his"home"? Well Im thinking that their masks of either Bad Bloods or fallen clan members.
And Im also thinking the marks on his mask tells his story, or what Big Bad Wolf said, names of all thee clans he's been to and respected. Though Im pretty sure he's a Warrior/Arbitrator....or the Honored class, meaning he got above average kills and is very experienced.
Info of classes- http://members.iinet.net.au/~jaherne/thehu...autja/index.php
Info/Story on Wolf - Blarg, I forgot

I wonder if maybe Wolf isn't like an arbiter or something? I do not think he is a clan leader, there is no doubt the spear giver awayer at the end of AVP1 was the clan leader. Still, the one that leaves his throne on the planet and comes to Earth with his never dwindling supply of blue melty stuff seemed to have a real attachment to one of the fallen youths in the crashed vessel. It is a good question, that I never thought of, why didn't the main big vessel (probably carrying the Leader and the rest of the Clan too) come back? Why did the situation require blue liquid toting guy after all? That's gotta mean he fills some kind of different role... Damage Control officer or something that the rest of the Clan can't be bothered with? Or maybe he went because he was related/friends with the one of the dead?

The elder with the spear is a Ship Leader, in charge of training the unblooded ones (teenagers if you will), and maybe a Clan Leader too. He is definitely a senior elder, and much older than Wolf or any Pred we've ever seen. There is also definitely some connection with Wolf and the young Pred on the ship. The unrated version shows this pretty well. The mother ship had probably already headed into hyperspace (or whatever the Pred equivelant is) and was gone. Also, the distress signal seemed to be directed at Wolf's location. My theory is that maybe the homeworld was contacted that the training area was destroyed, and another one had to be created on earth to replace it. Wolf could've been assigned to monitor the smaller ship in case of trouble (humans detecting the ship and firing on it, or alien escapes, etc.). also, if wolf was related to one of the young Preds, it may have been a voluntary thing on Wolf's part since one of his relatives was involved. It does seem more likely that Wolf is an arbitrator than a clan leader. Then again, we don't really know much OFFICIAL about Pred society, so everything is pretty much guesswork on the fans' part. His throne room has the look of a watchpost inside a sort of barracks maybe. Wolf may have just been doing his rotation of CQ (ask a soldier) when the call came through. I love these discussions by fans. They make a helluva lot more sense than what comes out of Hollywood!

Wolf might've had some friends or relatives in that ship(including the Elder). Who knows :)
Does anyone know if the one that sent the distress call was the Elder or another member/one of Wolf's friend or relative because he did seem pretty sad when he found him dead. The reason Im asking is because at the end of AVP, the elder mask had no "nose" piece but in AVP-R the one that sends the distress call had a helmet that looked like the elder helmet but had the "nose".

The Preds on the ship that crashed were a small group that were taking the facehuggers back to earth, or wherever. The Elder and the rest of the unblooded hunters left in the mothership as seen on the unrated version.

The Preds on the ship that crashed were a small group that were taking the facehuggers back to earth, or wherever. The Elder and the rest of the unblooded hunters left in the mothership as seen on the unrated version.

Ooooh I see know. I didnt watch the unrated version of which ever AVP it was on but, why were they taking the facehuggers to earth? :)
You mean their homeworld?

My theory from what we see in the unrated version is that they were taking facehuggers back to earth to establish another secret training facility after the temple in the Antarctic was destroyed. That's why they broke off from the mothership before it went into space to its next destination. The unrated version is much better that the version shown at the theatres.

My theory from what we see in the unrated version is that they were taking facehuggers back to earth to establish another secret training facility after the temple in the Antarctic was destroyed. That's why they broke off from the mothership before it went into space to its next destination. The unrated version is much better that the version shown at the theatres.
where would we be able to get the unrated version from...??

got mine at best buy , mostly anywhere in us that sells dvds , in us , should have it , i know wal mart had it and even
target , and of course circuit city and best buy ;)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back