civil war crossbones parts identification

DizzyStrmtroopr

im having a hard time tracking down what type of magazine holders were used, and what the shoulder greeblies by the shotgun shells are. anyone have any ideas? the closest i can find to the mag holders are ebay airsoft 'fast mag' which arent accurate. i was thinking the small half-a-nail-clipper thing on the left shoulder might be some kind of gun tool or folding knife, and the larger item might be a custom made prop which use is to be later revealed. the thigh holster for the glock looks custom made as well
cb2.jpg

found the thigh holster, easy to come across on ebay through chinese sellers in the $30 range
$_57.JPG

the screen accurate model is made by blackhawk, but runs about 50-70 JUST for the platform, and doesnt include the holster or accessory holders.
BH_432300PBK_thigh_front.jpg
i bought the chinese version and is pretty durable to hold my prop glock 17. cant beat the value and since CB isnt as big a character im not going to bother being super accurate.

and the hatch xtak knee pads as pointed out by darxide are about $25
$_1.JPG

which leads me to believe they really skimped on the budget in the prop dept, which makes it easier on our wallets for a change :)

Last edited:
im having a hard time tracking down what type of magazine holders were used, and what the shoulder greeblies by the shotgun shells are. anyone have any ideas? the closest i can find to the mag holders are ebay airsoft 'fast mag' which arent accurate. i was thinking the small half-a-nail-clipper thing on the left shoulder might be some kind of gun tool or folding knife, and the larger item might be a custom made prop which use is to be later revealed. the thigh holster for the glock looks custom made as well
View attachment 508582

The pouches look very similar(maybe modified) FASTmag pistol magazine pouches

seems the pouch under the front chest is an ar15 mag carry pouch
$_1.JPG
as seen here
CapAmerica6_834x1106.png

the right shoulder mag is some kind of bulgarian waffle mag
2-MGAIM47W.jpg

notice CB's is a box shape and the pictured has a contour like a .223, which means most likely some kind of smg or other rifle and not an ar15/ak47 mag

see here
Frank-Grillo-Movie-Set-Crossbones-Captain-America-Civil-War-Tom-LOrenzo-Site-TLO-4.jpg

the thing on his left shoulder next to shotgun shells is a surgical kit.

Ive been trying to figure out what the riot gear is that he is wearing, to no avail. I believe its a custom job with 3 major components
1 - padded riot gear underlay with collar simliar to this
$_12.JPG
2 - riot gear armor (I spent a few days looking, but nothing matched) closest I could find is this HATCH gear that looks similar but would need heavy modification.
upper-body-riot-gear-secpro-upper-body-police-riot-gear-chest-protection-riot-gear-66-700x700.jpg
3 - molle overlay (looks like a ronin vest, but needs more side height)
$_122.JPG
I cant find riot gear that looks like his anywhere, anyone else have better luck?

im certain the side molle armor is custom as its triangular in shape. the hard armor chest and back parts are from the bear tactical (foreign ripoff of the hatch armor) that is sold only as a whole suit ($300-1000 on ebay) but the actual stuff was sold by security pro, which they dont seem to make anymore and secpro no longer sells, though its still listed on the website.
http://secprousa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=106

the shin guards are from that same ripoff suit, though they are sold separately unlike the chest and back parts. crossbones armor plates are trimmed down and the back is attached upside down to fit the body contour better. the hatch chest plate has the brand logo molded in, which through the high res pic i have i could see they used the ripoff brand. also the hatch complete suit includes different shin guards, another tell that they used the ripoff (bear tactical), which was also the same suit used in the walking dead riot zombie.

do you have any leads to the surgical tools?

im certain the side molle armor is custom as its triangular in shape. the hard armor chest and back parts are from the bear tactical (foreign ripoff of the hatch armor) that is sold only as a whole suit ($300-1000 on ebay) but the actual stuff was sold by security pro, which they dont seem to make anymore and secpro no longer sells, though its still listed on the website.
http://secprousa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=106

the shin guards are from that same ripoff suit, though they are sold separately unlike the chest and back parts. crossbones armor plates are trimmed down and the back is attached upside down to fit the body contour better. the hatch chest plate has the brand logo molded in, which through the high res pic i have i could see they used the ripoff brand. also the hatch complete suit includes different shin guards, another tell that they used the ripoff (bear tactical), which was also the same suit used in the walking dead riot zombie.

do you have any leads to the surgical tools?

The tools look randomly selected, a folding pair of scissors, forceps, (and Toe Nail clippers?), just run through the Molle slots.

I have the Bear Tactical Riot Gear (for the walking dead riot zombie, lol.) and am planning on modifying it soon.
7105_712016732220736_931804570221441543_n.jpg

that torso looks correct, can you take some more pics of the chest and back plates for reference? i've only stock photos from the manufacturer. your shins look similar but there are slight differences like the chevrons on the feet. did you order your suit from ecop or militarygearsales?

heres the CB ones
$_1.JPG

I started modifying the vest. Of you run the front straps through in reverse, you can get the shoulder pads to hang lower, all I did was trim and adjust the vest to hang a little lower. Still need to add piping on riot gear armor, and lengthen molle sides.
20150827_165603-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20150827_165600.jpg
    20150827_165600.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 185
thats the knife! :D

as for the mag im not sure, i dont really know much about rifle calibers, im sure its something common just difficult to pin down the exact found item they used as waffle mags ive seen/found dont have the same grid pattern as CB. seeing as how most of the gear is foreign its possible it could be a non-US gun, but was under the impression s.h.i.e.l.d./s.t.r.i.k.e. was US-based and CB would use a US made bullpup/assault rifle. were not the fight scenes supposed to be in "wakanda"?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back