Civil War - Cap, Falcon, Crossbones new costumes shown

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Clark HD, May 15, 2015.

1. Clark HD

Clark HD Active Member

So pleased to see Caps suit hasn't changed to much, means I can simply modify my AoU suit!

civil war cap.jpg crossbones.jpg falcon.jpg

JJ Griffin, Thain and kcail1 like this.
  2. OneGoodScare

OneGoodScare Active Member

Dayum crossbones looks badass

3. Clark HD

Clark HD Active Member

4. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

To be very close to screen accurate, quite a bit needs to be modified or rebuilt. But to just attain the overall new look, you can get away with altering the biceps, add the red on the ribs, get rid of the red highlights around the chest star, use the TWS gloves and gaiters if you already have those from a prior build, and you're basically there. Not sure if the pants will be easy to modify, depends if it's easy to remove those leather strips.

I'd very much like to see someone tackle Falcon's new costume, it's a major improvement over his TWS suit.

5. kcail1

kcail1 Active Member

Falcon looks extra SWEET. I don't think he gets enough fan love, especially since Anthony Mackie is such a nice guy.

ANY HINTS about Bucky Barnes? Will he be in tactical clothes or more of a civilian look, I wonder, since he's been "on the run" for a while.

kcail1

dejordzta likes this.
  6. JJ Griffin

JJ Griffin Sr Member

I'm seriously considering it, as I already have a WS Falcon get-up. I re-painted my wings after seeing them in AoU but since I can't sew I'm trying to find a tailor or seamstress willing to take a crack at his new pants and short-sleeve shirt.

7. Nbraam08

Nbraam08 New Member

11026123_10153263142362243_2930394223041313911_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

11026123_10153263142362243_2930394223041313911_n.jpg

8. kcail1

kcail1 Active Member

Clever way to stay cool while filming but his mesh panel looks like some bad fashion from the 80's. :) Still waiting for Bucky.

kcail1

9. Darxide

Darxide Member

10. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

What is Cap holding?

11. DarkJedi3000

DarkJedi3000 New Member

It's funny, some people thought it was Thor's hammer, which I can understand. But it's actually a portable fan.

12. spartacus1

spartacus1 Member

In AoU Cap's costume seemed primarily a cloth type of fabric. This one seems more leather-like. Am I mistaken?

13. Convergence

Convergence New Member

I would love to make crossbones. Do you guys know if there is a picture of his back? Also what material is used as the under-layer for his vest?

14. tibberon25

tibberon25 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Has anyone ID Crossbones uniform parts yet? The mask/helmet Im getting done by a friend but Im trying to id his vest.

15. third3ye

It's the same fabric from AoU and TWS.

16. AnElvenPrincess

AnElvenPrincess New Member

Yes! I was so excited to see Cap's costume didn't change much. The upgraded pants look much, much better, and I like the removal of the white stripes from the arms. The new ab stripes are okay, but I think they looked a bit better in his AoU costume, and I do miss the snazzy red accents around the star. The fingerless gloves are nice, but I have a love for gauntlets in general so I'm sad to see those go. But overall, I'm loving the new[ish] look!! Falcon's new suit is epic, as well. And Crossbones -- Judianna Macovsky totally nailed the balance between the costume from the comics and a more tactical/functional look. Plus, he looks absolutely sinister. ;)

Ah yes, I could drool over costumes all day...

17. Darxide

Darxide Member

18. Darxide

Darxide Member

The shinguard's are an older style Rawlings brand Catchers shinguard or possibly All-star or Easton after they purchased the molds. The Knee cap has been removed and replaced by a different pad. Examples -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tibberon25 likes this.
  19. tibberon25

20. Darxide

Darxide Member

No problem.

The kneepads are Hatch X-Tak pads.

[​IMG]

They can be had at amazon for $23 with prime however the chinese knockoffs are all over aliexpress and dhgate for cheaper and they come as a set of knee and elbows. Just search for x-tak or tactical knee pads.

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Hatch-XTAK100-XTAK-Knee-Pads/dp/B0050SPVME
    dhgate - http://www.dhgate.com/product/tactical-protection-knee-pads-and-elbow-pads/165546809.html
    aliexpress - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014...w-Pads-Free-shipping-4pcs-set/2036394658.html
    ehobbyasia - http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/9mm-tactical-x-tak-pad-bk.html#.VVsuL5M-F8E

21. tibberon25

I think I have those knee pads. Need to check my airsoft gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. third3ye

Back of costume:
    [​IMG]

Back of helmet:
    [​IMG]

23. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

Is that a stunt shield? It is not AOU nor is TFA.... Cap has leather straps on the outer edge, a hard hand handle bolted to a strip of metal and a velcro fore arm strap also attached to a metal strip???

24. pinder91

pinder91 Sr Member

It looks like Stunt Cap is wearing some Under Armour Alegent Tactical Boots.

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 7.29.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 7.31.08 PM.png

25. kcail1

kcail1 Active Member

Funny at this angle that the stunt double looks taller than Evans. Thank goodness for telephoto lenses?

kcail1

26. Zombie Hadouken

Zombie Hadouken Member

finally a pic of Bucky from Civil War
    sebastian-stan-and-anthony-mackie-in-captain-america-civil-war.jpg

Jmen likes this.